Chapter 52

"To: Bella."

Junior squinted, reading the name on the present. "Oh, yeah," he realized. "This one's from me!"

He handed it to me. "You didn't have to get me anything," I grinned at him.

"Bella, look at yourself," Marty laughed while signalling at the huge pile of gifts I got for all of them. "I think we're even."

I opened it up to be greeted by a beautiful container of jars. "Aw, Junior! How'd you know?!"

"I heard you mention that you wanted some containers that were pretty enough to display sprinkles and stuff like that instead of cramming them in your cupboard."

"These are perfect! You've got great taste!"

"Yeah, I know," Junior grinned.

"Open mine," Nick piped up while shoving another gift at me.

I pulled back the tissue paper to reveal a small black coaster set. "Oh, whoa, Nick, these are really cool!"

The metallic dark purple undertones shimmered under the light. "I figured you'd like them," Nick proudly stated.

"I love them!"

After everyone opened their gifts, wrapping paper scattered the living room. It was holiday aftermath.

Dave and I sat at the table, enjoying some wine. Junior raced across the living room and out the front door with Salsa. "You can definitely tell he's the baby," Dave chuckled.

"He cracks me up, there's never a dull moment with him."

"He's kept me sane. I, um, I've been meaning to tell you this..."

I looked at Dave, seeing the worry in his eyes. "Ok, fo for it."

"We're going to go on tour, and I'm not sure if you can come..."