CHAPTER 1

I put the pen down and sat back in my seat as I glared at the man sitting across from me. "Please Leyla, you have to do this." Kane said. Professor Kane Anderson. The most boring man alive. My parents hired him last month. They said I needed extra English lessons, but I speak the language just fine. I mean it's my mother tongue after all. "Can we just say that I did it?" I asked looking out the window boredly. "No you can not." he said fixing his glasses. "Why not?" I stretched. My body is becoming so stiff. Why is this man so stubborn? "Because I said so. Your parents would not like this type of behaviour." he spoke as if he had any real authority. "Do not talk to me like that! I am eighteen years old and I do not have to listen to you!" I said getting up and knocking down his papers. He sighed and took off his glasses. "Leyla, please understand that I am being patient with you. Do not make me lose that strand." he said looking over at me. His eyes were hiding something. "What are you talking about? What strand?" I asked with an annoyed voice. "The strand of respect I have for you." he said standing up. "Please pick up the papers." he asked again. Is he serious? "Why would I?!" I shout infuriated by his tone. Kane reached me in a few steps and he grabbed me by my wrist. "Now listen here," he said in a darker tone, "I am not here to be your nanny." he squeezed my wrist harder. "Stop it! Let go, or I'll tell!" I whimpered while trying to pull away. He laughed. "Really? Why would an eighteen-year-old need to tell her parents and here I thought you were mature." he sneered as he took my other wrist captive. "Let go!" I yelped trying to free myself. "If you want your freedom, you will fight for it." he said turning me. The way he moved my arms behind my back hurt. "You are hurting me! I said let go!" I shouted wiggling around. I froze as he slipped his free hand around my throat. "Stop wiggling. It makes you look like a worm." he whispered, applying light pressure. "Kane?!" I gasped in fear. "You are nothing more than a spoiled brat." he muttered in my ear. "I would love to show you the real world, but I do not think you could handle it." he said biting my ear. I whimpered with pain and pleasure. "Yes, I can!" I gasped out. Something horrible took over me as he moved his tongue along my neck. "Uhh... Kane!" I moaned as he lightly nibbled on my neck. "Did I gave you permission to use my name?" he asked squeezing my throat. He was stopping the airwaves. I couldn't breathe. "Stop fighting me." he growled against my neck as I tried to free myself. "Stop!" I said trying so hard to get a taste of air. "You will have to beg for your freedom." he purred letting go slightly. Is he insane?! Why would I beg him? "I'm waiting." he said giving my wrists a violent squeeze. "Please! Stop it! It hurts!" I quickly realized why as he dug his nails into my wrist. "I did not hear you. What do you want exactly?" he questioned bringing my arm to him and licking the singled trail of blood that came from my wrist. I moaned. It was so intoxicating. I never felt like this before and oddly, I liked it. "Please let me go, Mr Anderson." I sniffed trying to hold back tears. He let me go. "The papers." he smirked taking his seat. I got on my knees and picked them up. I stayed there with the papers in my hands. "Are you stuck like that? Put them on the table." he instructed with humour drizzled over his tone. I tried my best not to look at him as I did. I tried to keep my eyes on the white pelt that I was sitting on. "You can be obedient. I like it on you. It is a lovely shade of humility" he chuckled as he reached his large hand out. I closed my eyes. What is he going to do to me now? I felt his finger pass over my lips. I shook slightly as I leaned closer. Before I knew it my tongue was involved. "Good girl. Are you going to defy me from now on?" he asked as I licked his finger. "No, sir." I gasped. I crawled over to him. I would never be caught dead on the floor. My clothes come from Europe and are made of the finest materials. Embroidered with jewels, silver and gold. No man is worth it, so why am I breaking? My eyes cast upwards. I took Kane's hand and hungrily sucked his fingers. He wore a smirk on his handsome face as he watched me "You like having your rude little mouth filled, don't?" Kane petted me with the other hand. I nodded. My mouth was full and I was slobbering. The clock rang out. I got scared. My father is supposed to pick me up at the end of today's lesson. We are going to the market. I moved back and fell and on my butt. Kane looked down at me with a smile. "Well, would you look at that? Time does fly by when you're having fun." he said looking at the grandfather clock that was on the wall. I heard the thundering hooves of horses. Father! I bit lip. "Relax. Do you want everyone to know what you did? You good little puppy. I'll see you next week." he got up. A grin was plastered on his face as he exited the room. He left me in confusion. What just happened? Will he do it again? I got up and steadied myself before leaving. My father was in the carriage. "Princess!" my father laughed as he saw me. He came out of the carriage and picked me up. His tummy was full of jelly, so to speak. He's a pale man. He turns really red on hot summer days. "Are you ready to go shopping?" he asked excitedly. He helped me into the carriage. "Of course father." I was able to block out my shame. I let that horrid man get the best of me, but next time I will....I will not let him win. I spent the rest of the day buying new dresses and jewellery. It was hard work. It was harder to forget about Kane. When I got home I was tired and frustrated. "Are you not hungry, my dear?" my mother asked as I picked at my pigeon peas. She is so beautiful. Sometimes I would look at her and ask myself why I did not have her warm almond brown skin. I shook my head. I can not stop thinking about Kane. The way he spoke to me, the way he held me and his taste. "Did Mr Anderson give you too much work?" my father questioned paying close attention to my face. "No father, it is nothing like that. I am just tired. That is all." I am tired. I want to take a bath in milk and go to sleep. "I see. Salien, get a bath ready for her. Run along, my princess." my father smiled. I got up and hugged him. "Good night father. I love you mother." I moved on to her. She held me tightly. "I love you too." she whispered before letting me go. I followed Salien to my room. "What happened? You have marks on your wrist." Salien asked as she undressed me. "He was wild and terrible. He made me do awful things, Salien." I breathed. "Why did you not tell your father. Klaus should never put his hands on you." she was ready to call my father. "It was not him. Klaus dares not upset me. It was..Kane." I could not even get his name out. "Why would he do that?" she asked. "I threw his papers to the floor. He held my wrists so tightly. It is madness. I am counting down the time to our next lesson." I sighed getting into the tub. She giggled. "What is so amusing?" I asked turning to her. "Mr Anderson is very handsome. A large built and very smart. Unlike Klaus." she winked at me. So what? We all know that Kane is a god among men. That does not give him the right to treat me like his pet. "Klaus is a half brain oaf. Let us not talk about this any longer and you are not to tell anyone about this." I snapped at her. "Of course." she smiled to herself as she cleaned me. Why did I befriend her? She is so bothersome. I am not even going to think about it. Kane is beneath me and that is where he will stay.