CHAPTER 9

"Kane!" I giggled as he picked me up. We were having a picnic in the field. "What have I done now?" he asked sitting up. I kissed his neck. Our secret meetings are getting really intense and exciting. "Silly, Kane. You think too much." I said hugging him. "I think too much? I thought you liked that about me." he brought a strawberry to my lips. He pulled it away before I got a chance to taste it. Ugh, this man. I brought his hand back and licked the berry. It was sweet and chilled. I puckered up my lips as I bit into it. "Sour." I shook my head. How could it lie to me?! Kane ate the rest like it was nothing. "It is just fine to me." he stated grabbing another one and tasting it. I ate it. "Mhhmm." Much better. I moved over to Kane and I started to play with his stubble. He wants to grow a beard, at least wants to try to. "It will soon be time for me to take you home. Do have anything you want to say before I do?" he asked looking down at me. I brought him closer. Nothing to say, but lots to do. Two weeks and I am already craving more. I moved closer. "I did not quite catch that." he joked as he licked his lips. "Your eyes are so strange." I whispered moving my interest. So…beautiful.  "I rather go back to tasting your lips than talk about my eyes." I stopped him. "Can we enjoy the little things?" I asked getting up. "Yes, but I do not want to discuss it now." he droned. "I see." I said picking up my umbrella. I am ready to go home now. "There it is. You can not get your own way, so you are upset. It is not going to work this time. Do not look at me like that." Kane groaned while folding the blanket. I rolled my eyes. "Do not look at me like that." Kane repeated himself. I looked away, but kept my scowl. "What is so strange about my eyes?" Kane asked. Not the time. "I would like to go home, Kane. If we can not do anything but fool around, then I think we should not eve do that." I said seriously. We such an amazing time before. What’s wrong with him now? I do not want to be a fling that he can easily dispose of when he finds someone better. He said he loved me, so why? Why distance yourself?  "You got what you wanted. Just answer the question!" he growled snatching the basket from me. "They go from an icy blue to a vibrant blue when the sun hits them just right. Instead of your yelling at me, you should understand how I feel. Do you only care about what is under my dress?" I asked stiffly. A subtle breeze blew by. My dress flowed with it. "You strip every chance you get. Stop preaching and fix yourself first." I took that one to heart. "You are completely right. I should never have prolonged this." I said holding on to my umbrella. It hurts to say things like that, but he’s doing it too. "This, what do you mean by this? You wanted to be with me, Leyla." he pointed out. "I did. You are not so great when the mystery is revealed. I guess that is why you keep people away." I just wanted him to hurt the way I was hurting. I feel like a strumpet.  My heart raced with the seconds. His lip twitched. "Fine. If you feel that way then we no longer need to keep this going." he said. I looked away. Neither of us said a word. We walked back into town. I glanced at him. He was upset as I was. I went too far, but how do I say I am sorry, knowing that I was right? I waved to a group of friends. No one came up to us because of Kane's expression. I do not like seeing him like this. My lips tremble as weakness took over. I need to fix this. Kane followed me into the library. "Good afternoon." I greeted the librarian. She smiled at us. I took Kane's hand once we were out of the public's eyes. "Do not apologize. I was wrong. I do not like to be reminded how strange of a blue they are." Kane stopped me. No that I can understand "We both said some very hurtful things. I could never stay away from you. You are one of the few people who I truly care about, Kane." I whispered rubbing my eye. He sighed. This is so much. Why did I have to fall in love with him? Could we just go back to the way we were before even though we…we made love? "We have no reason to fight." "None at all, unless we are in the bedroom." I kept my voice down. "Why wait until then?" he smirked taking me to a very good hiding place. He covered my mouth with his hand and pushed my dress up. I closed my eyes. Kane!? He did not waste any time. Muffled moans were escaping my lips. We are going to be caught if I do not stop, but he was going so fast. This is all so much. I closed my eyes. Oh…his hands are so hot. held his waist. I heard footsteps come closer. I gasped into his hand. My eyes held worry in them when I opened them. Kane did not seem to care. The bookshelf in front of us blocked us. "Did you hear what Klaus said about her?" "I know, but she of all people would never care. Leyla is a spoiled brat and she can find another Klaus anytime." Really? Kane snorted. What did Klaus say about me? Kane pulled out and went down on his knees. I bit my lip. Leave! I glared at the bookshelf. They got the message and left. I let out a sigh. Kane sucked on me. He was being so tender. So loving. Tingles burned against my skin. “K.K..” I bit my lip. Oh good… Kane! I shoved his head between my legs. He pulled his tongue out slowly causing me to shake and make a mess on his tongue. I gasped like a fish out of water. My strong,  horribly mean,  yummy tutor stood up. "That was a.. a rush." I said holding my chest. “It was. Shall I clean you up?” I nodded. Oh yes please! Kane went back down and cleaned me up with his tongue. "Do I get your approval for taking risks?" he mumbled pressing me against the wall. "Yes, Kane. You have my blessing. Now I need to go home. Book club is calling me." I giggled. My heart fluttered when he smiled. I want to hold him and play with his hair. We left the library. Something smells good. Freshly baked bread. "Want to make bread later?" I asked him. "Sure." he chuckled. Mr. Stevenson passed with his dog. "Nice to see you Mr. Anderson, Miss Weatherbee." he said lifting his top hat. "You too, Frisco looks very handsome today." I smiled as the men shook hands. Frisco jumped at me. Kane quickly held me in his arms and stepped back. "It is okay. He is a good pup, just too excited." I said looking down at the white fluff ball. "I am very sorry. He really likes you, Miss Weatherbee. Do you have a dog?" Mr. Stevenson asked. Kane answered for me. "Yes, she does. He's little, but I guess he can tell." Kane said letting me go and kneeling down to pet Frisco. Is he getting me a puppy?! Guilt works wonders on men. I’m getting a puppy! Or is he talking about myself. A curious look presented itself. He got up and looked down at me and nodded like he knew what I was thinking. "Really? That is wonderful." Mr. Stevenson said before he left. "I am picking him though." Kane said putting his hands in his coat's pocket. Oh, I am getting a dog. That is so sweet. I walked next to him with a small smile on my face. "You do not have to, but I really love the idea." I whispered. I kept my hands together, so I could not take his hand out of the blue. "I have been wanting to get a dog" he said winking at me. "This is nice." I spoke up, looking up at him. "It is." he agreed as we walked side by side. I would love to do this on other occasions. Just walking next to him was nice. I like being near him. My cheeks turned red, but I was not shy, embarrassed. I feel happy as can be with this man.