CHAPTER 14

I sighed. I was going to run away with him. I picked up a dress and folded it. I was packing my bag. If my mother knew what I was doing, she would have helped me. I had sex with him, I plan to run away with him and I am pregnant with his child. I still remember his touch, his smell and the taste of his skin. I was a fool. I was blinded by him. I know I should have married Klaus, but Kane just excites me. I will not be able to pull over Kane's eyes. He is always on my mind and this past month has been a page-turner. The things he does to my body is unbelievable. When he touches me I instantly feel a flame ignite inside of me. I know what I want and I want him.

I want to understand him, to care for him and to love him. I want to be someone he can lean on. I am so scared to say it out loud. I care about him so much. After his first show, I craved for more. You can say what you want about it, but I am not only thinking about my benefits of running. I genuinely have feelings and I want him to know that. I hid my bag and went to take a bath. The water washed away any insecurities I had. I got out and got ready. I was leaving soon. My father and mother were already in their room. My father was is still angry with me. I put on a white dress and an overcoat. I opened my door quietly.

No one was there, so I made my escape. It was too easy. I was outside like that. No problem. I made my way to the bridge. I saw Kane. He looked so handsome. The moon covered him in a soft glow. "Kane!" I yelled as he fell. I ran to his side. He was bleeding. Someone shot him. I tried to stop the blood and to apply pressure to the wound, but someone grabbed me. I never fought so hard in my life. The person dropped me. "Klaus." I glared. He shot Kane. I got up and pushed him. I went back to Kane. He barely was breathing. I checked his pulse. It was weak. I began to cry.

"Don't die. Please don't leave me." I cried putting as much pressure on the wound as I could. He turned his face. "I guess we were not meant to be." he smiled. A puddle of blood started to form. I sobbed harder. My body went numb when I saw it. "I love you Kane. I need you to fight." I said shaking him. "You love me?" he asked. I nodded. He gave me a bloody smile. I cried harder. He can not die, not like this. I need him. I can not stand to be without him. "I love you too Leyla." he said closing his eyes. No! "Kane! Kane please! Please God let him live!" I sobbed uncontrollably. His face lost its rosy color and he started to get cold.

"He's gone Leyla." Klaus said touching my shoulder. I turned around. He was smiling. I stood up and hugged him. "Why?" I whimpered. "He was just playing with you Leyla. He is no good. He did not deserve you." Klaus said holding me. I stopped crying. What was there to live for anymore? The man I love is in a pool of his own blood and the town's people will get the wrong story. I will have to live with people bad mouthing him and they will force me to marry his killer. I felt something cold touch my skin. He patted my back. "Bang!" another bullet was fired. Klaus stumbled backward. He looked like he was betrayed.

"I do not love. Your efforts were in vain." I said coldly. Kane has taught me so much. I held his gun in my hand. I raised it to my head. I heard people coming. I closed my eyes. I have nothing left to live for. The gun fell from my hand as darkness wrapped around me. It pulled me in and the last thing I saw was Kane, he was smiling gently, he was waiting for me.

~~~~~~~~~~
THE END