CHAPTER 6

"No, mother. I can manage to fold my clothing on my own." I said as I put the stays away. Salien is not feeling well. "Then let me prepare your bath. It has been a while since I bathed you." my mother smiled as she started for the door. "Mother, I am not a child." I groaned. She will notice a few things. She sighed as she came back over to me. "You grew up too fast if you ask me. Just yesterday you were learning how to walk and now... you..ahem..you are getting married." "Oh mom, please. Do not cry over something so silly." I put down my shift and hugged her. I do not want to get married, not to Klaus at least. I slipped away and looked down. "What is it?" my mother asked as she dried her eyes. "When did you know you were in love?" I asked when I finally looked up. I went over to the bed. "The day your father fell over my basket. He was always so graceful. I thought he was a stiff at first." my mother said as she joined me. Affection was on her eyes as she spoke about my father. Have I ever worked like that? So lovesick? Kane. He is uncontrollable, but yet tamed. The way he acts around me is different than any other. He makes me smile, cry, laugh, sometimes I'm doing all three and he teaches me things. The words that he uses can either break me, or make me fly over the clouds. I can say there are some feelings there. I smiled softly. "Has Klaus finally won your heart?" I winced at the idea. Klaus, court me? He would rather sit down and talk about his latest hunt. "I just wanted to know what it felt like, mother." I placed my hands on my lap. "It is the scariest and most exciting feeling you will ever feel. The mix of adrenaline and fear pulls you to the person. It's this tingly feeling at first, but then it blooms into something much more stronger. You start to think about the person. If they're okay? How they're feeling? The littlest things make your drift to them. They make you feel complete in a way." my mother took my hand. She wore her wedding ring with pride. I have never seen her and my father fight. The way they act towards each other shows how mad they still are for each other. I want something like that. I want someone to look at me as if I am the only one they see even if we are in a crowded room. "That sounds like someone will get hurt in the end." I want to be more than a secret. I know it's wrong to have such thoughts about an older man. "Love is a dangerous game, honey. But we as humans can not ignore the need for it. I put all my eggs in a basket with your father and not once has he made me regret it. We have a beautiful life and a daughter. Sure we're old, but he makes me happy and I hope Klaus does the same for you." Another part of me wanted to vomit at the sickening thought of marrying someone who I did not love. Who I did not even like in that way. I laid my head on my mother's shoulder. I sighed out dejectedly. "Do you have something else that's bothering you?" Like always my mother knows something is bothering me. Someone. It is someone bothering me. I stood up and shook my head. "No, mother. I'm fine. Thank you." my smile was forced. I'm confused and the more time I spend with Kane the more I want to run with the wolves. The more honour doesn't matter. Ideas swamped me. All I could want was right in front of me. Klaus, I know everything about him and I know he would never step out of line. He is just that lazy. Kane on the other would never let me have any control. Just because he is not dominating me means he is not controlling my every move. A soft knock came from the door. "Mrs, Mr Anderson is downstairs." My little heart fluttered when I heard that. I tried to act like it did not bother me. "Take him to the sitting room, please Tina." Tina nodded and then left after my mother said that. "I hope you have not been rebellious, missy." she winked before turning her back on me. He would have taken me to that room already. He has been doing a lot to me lately. Our sessions lead to a pleasurable end. "I do not remember." I kept my excitement to a minimum as I followed my mother. Our shoes clicked against the wooden floor of the hall. I took a faster approach down the stairs. I hurried into the sitting room. "K...Mr Anderson." I walked up to him. His eyes went behind me. Look at me! He stepped to the side and greeted my mother. I want to be the centre of your attention. I began to mope. I got out of his way and took a seat. I ignored them. There was nothing else to do. They laughed and he hinted on my idleness. I want to spit on the ground he was standing on. He was behaving like I was nothing, but a pupil. The feeling of being treated like nothing important by him made me want to sit in a corner and scream. Then pull out his hair. That'll teach him to play with my heart. I nodded to myself. I turned in my seat. My mother was laughing at something he said. I ignored his eyes when they landed on me. Of course, I was going to ignore him. He did the same to me. "Mother, I forgot to put away the other things." I got up when the attention was on me. "Okay, honey." she was none the wiser and I do not blame her. I blame him. Before leaving I gave Kane a cross look. A smirk appeared on his lips, but then left as quick as it came. The bastard! I rushed to my room and screamed into a pillow. "No. Please no." I sniffed as I wiped a tear. Kane's playing with me again. Why does he do that? Does he not know how it makes me feel? I want him. Why does he act like he doesn't know that? I crawled onto my bed. I hate him! I will never let him have me again! He does not truly care about me. Hh.hee lied and to my face. If he cares why would he put me through this? No one would hurt a lover like this, would though? I cried into my pillow. It is not fair.