Chapter 8

Ding ding, I bolted up, my eyes scanning the bed for the damned noise making device. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my baby, my phone...Noelle. Honestly, who set an alarm on my phone? Crazy person- keep in mind, I gave my phone a name. I went to switch off the alarm and I saw a note on my phone, “good morning honey!” I grimaced, I should’ve known, my mum set the alarm. I grunted and headed towards the bathroom to have a shower.

10 minutes later, I walked out of the bathroom wearing my school uniform and a wet towel on my head, then I walked to the kitchen with one thing in my empty head: food.

I scoffed a few cookies and made a quick chicken sandwich and sloped out of the house before an encounter with my mum. Before I reached the doorstep, my head felt heavy, I reached up, to massage my head, but instead of feeling my silk-smooth hair, I felt...fur? I screamed, I should’ve realised, I was born to be a supernatural creature; though not a vampire, as I pictured- a werewolf. A slobbery, hairy, more-vicious alternative to a dog. I shook my head sadly, unable to cope with reality: I wasn’t going to get porcelain white skin, gleaming gold eyes, grace, immortality and a tinkling voice, I was just getting excessive hair, two left feet (literally) and a bark instead of a voice. My vision got blurry, and I was on the verge of hysterical tears when something fell and landed between my feet...a towel, my head felt normal again, and then realisation dawned upon me, I WASN’T GOING TO BE A WEREWOLF! I WAS FREE TO BE A VAMPIRE! I squealed and jumped around until I heard someone clear their throat...David.

“uhm...hey Davie!”

“Hey Ivy, what was that all about?” he asked curiously, I would’ve said “I thought I was turning into a werewolf”, but...seriously? So instead I said:

“Oh... I was just...uh- fangirling.”

“Over a towel?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow,

“Yeah! You guys don’t fangirl don’t know what we fangirl over. Y’know Harry Styles used this very towel?” ew! I thought no matter how much I loved Harry Styles; I would not be sharing his towel.

“Sure, though I remember going shopping with you and buying that towel.” I looked at him wonderingly, how did he even remember going shopping with me and buying a towel? I swear girls were supposed to have better memory. I’m getting old... mind you; David was 16, a year older than me. Whatever.

“Well, sure, anyway-I’ve got school to get to!” I stuck my nose in the air, trying to look like a prissy posh kid who could actually be bothered to receive EXTRA education and go to a private school. And, like always: David saw right through me. Damn.

“Are you saying you actually want to get to school?”

“Duuuh! I love school!” I said,

“Nope, you just wanna avoid talking to me about your fangirling moment.”

“Urgh! Fine, yes I do!” I replied rolling my eyes,

“Get in the car Cinderella, I’m still questioning!” I groaned and got into his brother’s car; I waved at David’s brother, Dan and zipped my mouth.

 5 minutes later, we arrived in front of the school, someone outside the car opened and I jumped out before I could be interrogated further. I clutched my sides and started breathing as if I’d run a freaking marathon- how hard not talking was...

“Hey Ivy.” Ash said, appearing in blue ripped jeans and a tight white t-shirt saying “city of angels”, and yeah- I totally agreed, his toned chest was the ultimate city of angels and red All Star hi tops. I nodded to him, unwilling to talk in front of David, Ash looked me weirdly,

“I can’t talk; my mouth’s locked all because of Mr-I-Remember-Everything!” I whispered, scowling with annoyance,

“So...you can’t use your mouth?” he asked, his eyes glinting with mischief,

“Course I can... just not for talking.” I laughed as Ash pulled me close and planted his lips on mine; our lips began moving in sync, my handsreached up and twisted themselves in his glorious mane of hair. Our bodies were pulled together, but Ash pulled me further in, so that my chest was pressed up more against his chest. His mouth moved off mines and started trailing down, towards my collarbone, I was panting hard,

“My mouth is officially UNLOCKED!” I screamed happily, to finally be able to talk normally,

“That’s great, so...what were you fangiling about?”  David said, appearing behind me.

Damn.

Maria and I walked to French class talking about nonsense-as usual, we talked about guys (honestly how boy mad were we?! Though I was worse, I had a boyfriend- whatever!)

“wooahh! You know Tyler, that guy from maths was looking at you today!” Maria exclaimed excitedly, I snorted,

“As if he would be staring at moi!”

“Ivy! He’d be mad not to stare at you!” Maria replied rolling her eyes,

“Yeah, tell me about it, I’m freaking irresistible!” I shot at her, acting like an airhead.

“honestly, he was!” Maria said laughing,

“hey, so are you getting a replacement?” a replacement, meaning Liam, I felt sorry for her, walking around without a boyfriend,

“naah, not yet, I'm just enjoying the solitude for the moment." but then I saw someone out of the corner of my eyes.

I saw him....