The Heart Breaking Prince

"I can't believe you just laid there and let them beat up your pretty face Miss Ashley. I've never seen such violence at this school, and this was the worst one yet, wasn't it Miss Ashley."

"How so?"

The nurse chuckled and sighed.

"You've come to my office every week since the second week of school."

Ashley nervously smiled and scratched her cheek in the process. I can't believe she just... You know what, why am I even here? I had nothing to do with it-

"Mister Dragneel, was it? I hope I didn't say it wrong."

"No, no, you're good. but, what do you need Ma'am?"

Great, here it comes.

"I was wondering if you saw this incident occur?"

I slowly nodded then looked away.

"You did see it, yet did nothing to stop them at first?"

"Ye-"

"Yeah probably. Mister Tough Guy over there said he hates me, so... I guess he did it to get revenge, and I quote, for me BOTHERING him so much. Oh no, sorry, PESTERING him so much."

Damn it Ashley, what's with the attitude, I just saved your damn life. Hah, I guess this is what I get for interfering in someone's business.

"Hey, Dragneel, I know you hate me talking to you, but I wanted to thank you."

__________________________________________________________________

Dragneel froze when he heard those words. The two words he hadn't heard in years. Thank, and you.

"Why..?"

"Why?! Because you saved me from Minerva and her crew, so thanks."

He was awe struck. He didn't know what to say, nor to do. He only sat there, staring at her, straight in the eyes. She raised an eyebrow, confused with his strange actions, for him anyway.

"What's with the staring, it's uncomfortable. Coming from you at least."

Ashley asked, backing away on the bed, making the nurse giggle as she was packing up the first aid kit.

"Wha..- Oh! It's nothing, sorry."

Dragneel apologized-

__________________

"Wait, what? Do you have a fever? You just apologized, to me too."

Ashley said, confusing me.

"What's wrong with that?"

"I just thought that you hated me.. That's all."

She stared at me for about two minutes before another student came in and started talking to the nurse,at which point, I got up and left.

"Yo! Natsu! Bro, what's up with the rumors..?"

"Oh hey Gray, wait. What rumors?"

Gray scoffed and then whispered something in my ear.

"Is it true that you turned down the Irresistible Princess then saved her from Minerva?"

Hah, so it's already spread through the school...?

"Yes it is true, now can we please drop the subject? I'd rather not talk about it."

Gray laughed in my ear, making me GO DEAF for five fucking seconds!

"Why are you laughing you fucking idiot?!"

"Hey! I'm not an idiot. I was just laughing at the fact that you said you hated her and then to ruin you pride, you go and save her from the number one hated bully at Fairy Tail High. It's just funny, sorry man."