Secrets That Are Better Left... Unsaid.

"How'd it go Liz?"

"It went okay, I guess. He probably got mad after I hung up though, I mean.. I said something kind of mean."

"What else?"

"I said that we wouldn't let him win without putting up a damn good fight."

Lies.

"And...?"

"I said that we still have the upper hand."

Lies.

"What else, come on, did he tell you anything important? Like a hint as to where he is?"

"Well... no. And, I still haven't figured out where he is."

More Lies.

"What did he say about Lucy? What does he plan to do?"

"He didn't say anything, except that he would get her eventually. And before that, he said he would kill Natsu... Which, I highly doubt he'll actually get to do."

No more lies.... I shouldn't be lying to them.. but... I can't tell them the truth. This is one of which is called.... Secrets that are better left...unsaid.

Later That Day

Lucy sat down on the sofa, hesitantly, and watched as Elizabeth, Gray and Gajeel carry Natsu into the room, his feet dragging along the ground. They eventually reached the sofa and laid Natsu down on it, his head in Lucy's lap.

"Lucy... You know we have to go soon, right?"

Lucy slowly nodded her head, but smiled.

"I know, but I want to help him. Even if it's just to help him sleep, I want to do it. Anything I can."

She continued smiling even as Natsu's eyes slowly closed and he drifted into the bottomless void of slumber. She pet Natsu's head as if he was a sleeping dog. That seemed to calm him down... well to Elizabeth anyway. Eventually, Lucy dozed off as well, causing Elizabeth to make a decision.

"Alright, Lucy is staying here with Natsu, while the rest of you come with me, okay? I can't have her roaming around while we're searching for Sting. Gray, Gajeel, you two are the tanks, since you really strong, unless you WANT to be in the back of the bunch?"

Elizabeth asked the two of them, getting two head shakes in response. They tiptoed out of the house and into the streets, where no cars, no people were seen. However, though the others were confused and startled, Elizabeth and Gray knew what was going on.

"He's cleared the streets, so no one gets in our way."

Elizabeth started, Gray scoffing.

"He really thinks of us as his puppets doesn't he? It's ridiculous. Although... He seems to have left his own people here for US to play with."

Gray stated, seeing a small group of three men approach them. Upon the time Natsu was in the hospital, Gray and Gajeel both worked on advancing their physical strengths for the big fight that would one day come and they knew it would. Elizabeth was already skilled in marital arts, as well as the two guys, but... then again, she's still a girl, and no girl can ever hope to level up as much as those two did in their time off.

"Alright, Gray.. Gajeel, we're counting on you, push them back. We need an opening."

Levy then coughed and almost keeled over as something struck her right in between two ribs.

"Shit, they have gunman too. Levy, you alright?"

Levy nodded, upon realizing that it wasn't anything harmful that had hit her. What ever it was, it wasn't enough to kill or even injure her.

Sting's Little Mansion

"So you actually made it, huh? Impressive. And, I must say, putting Gray and Gajeel in the front line was spectacular thinking Liz. Didn't think you had it in ya. Oh well, sadly this is the finish line, and you aren't the ones who will be crossing it."

Sting said as Elizabeth and everyone else entered the main room of his mansion.

"I ALWAYS get what I want, and I want Lucy, which means, that I won't lose her to you bastards. And, by the way... I found Natsu quite easy to overpower in his current state at least. If he wasn't... I probably would have to have used an actual weapon."

Elizabeth froze in her steps, upon realizing her fatal mistake. Leaving Natsu and Lucy alone, was the biggest mistake she could've made. Natsu was unable to move, and Lucy was not a fighter, both left defenseless. Sting somehow knew that and took it to his advantage. A pair of large doors opened, to the right of Sting, and four people came out, each pair carrying one person. The taller ones approached Sting, with-

"Lucy!"

She was unconsious and her head hung. The other two men were holding Natsu, who was-

"Natsu's moving?! I thought you bastards told me he was unable to move when you picked him up!"

Sting erupted at them. Lucy twitched then jolted awake. She scanned her surroundings and immediately saw Elizabeth, Gray, Gajeel and Levy standing on the first floor. She looked behind her and saw Natsu thrashing around, kicking at the two men. He was screaming and yelling for them to let him go. However, he did not accomplish that.

"Sting! You lay on finger on her and you're DEAD!"

Natsu yelled, pulling against the two men holding him. His eyes glowed with an immense fire behind them. That fire. Was rage. The emotion of hatred. The emotion that could lead to murder, or death. He clenched his fists and continued pulling with all his might, not budging an inch away from his two holders.

"Touch who? Lucy? Touch her... like this?"

Lucy was still weak from being drugged and couldn't fight back as Sting stroked her cheek, leaning in closer to her face. Unfortunately for Sting, that only made the fire in Natsu's eyes, move from just his eyes to his soul. He was beyond angry, beyond the point of showing mercy. Beyond forgiving Sting, not that he ever would have anyway.

"You... You...."

Natsu trailed off, as his head lowered and his hands drooped. The two men made the mistake of letting their guard drop, just for a second, but that was enough time for Natsu to slip out of their grasp and rush towards Sting. His eyes rose to Sting's, one meeting the other. Sting could do nothing but start shaking in fear. The hatred in Natsu's eyes scared him, he didn't know why, but it did. Natsu ran towards him, and when he was right in front of him, he threw a 100% full power punch, right into his guts. Lucy watched as Sting was knocked off his feet, and Natsu sent him flying over the railing of the second floor, and crashing down onto the first floor, blood spilling from his mouth as he fell. Elizabeth ran to Sting, checked for a pulse, and thankfully found one.

"It's weak, but he's alive."

"No! I won't be satisfied until the life from his body has been drained! COMPLETELY! I WON'T BE SATISFIED UNTIL STING EUCLIFFE IS DEAD!"

Natsu came flying down, and on top of Sting, grabbing his collar. He glared at the unconscious man only wanting to kill him even more as the memory of his filthy hand on Lucy's beautiful face flooded his mind.

"You're dead Eucliffe. As soon as you said you'd take Lucy, you guaranteed your own death."

Natsu drew back his fist, clenched his fist then-

"Natsu! Don't! Don't kill Sting!"

Natsu froze. Lucy came running to him from the stairs and jumped onto Natsu, clinging to him like a monkey. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held on tight.

"Please don't kill him. You'll be put in jail, and I'll never see you again."

She cried into the crook of his neck. No one knew why Natsu lowered his fist, at the time, but then again... Some secrets are better left... unsaid. This secret however, was one of which would be told eventually, but of course, no one knew what that time came.