Carter Kane|Evil Magicians

When I unburied my head from the sand, I just wanted to shove my head right back in. A few yards ahead, ten or more magicians and shabti were marching towards us.
     Percy and Annabeth stumbled to their feet, just as they caught sight of the army. Percy grabbed his pen, clicked it, and . . . turned into a sword?! I mentally wrote down to ask Sadie if I could do that.
     "Who are these guys?" Percy shouted, "Wait, did you lead us into a trap?"
"What? No!" I yelled back, "These guys must be from the House of Life . . . gods of Egypt, why this now?"
Annabeth unsheathed her daggers, "Well, this can't be as bad as fighting monsters."
The magicians stopped about two yards away from us. One stood forward, and I thought I saw a red glint, like the color of Set.
"Carter Kane, Eye of Horus, son of Julius Kane, Eye of Osiris! Surrender yourself to the House of Life and we will give you a fair trial." The man said, his voice magically magnified.
The ground rumbled, and I realized it was coming from- Percy.
"Not gonna happen," I said, taking out my sword, "You guys know how to fight?"
Annabeth scoffed, "Is Athena's spirit animal an owl?"
     Hopefully that was a yes.
     Before I could even take a step forward, Percy's arms shot forward and water suddenly crashed out of the sand. How was he . . . How did he even get that much water in the desert?!
     Annabeth seemed shocked, "Well, That's never happened before."
     The magicians stumbled away from the massive wave of water. They sent blasts of fire and destruction at it, but the wave only crashed down on them.
     Percy dropped to his knees, panting. I guessed that whatever he had just did,  with his powers, drained him just as much as my magic drained me.
     Most of the magicians and shabti had vanished, but only a couple stood up wobbly and aimed their wands and staffs.
     Annabeth was beside Percy, so I guessed I was on my own this time. I focused and summoned the hawk avatar of Horus. Except, big difference then last time! Instead of my twenty foot tall usual avatar, it was only seven to eight feet, and it wasn't a magical incasement. I had on silver and gold armor, my hands had turned into wicked sharp talon-like-claws, I had enormous wings on my back, and I still had the head of a falcon.

     Why it was so much more different now then ever, I didn't know

     Why it was so much more different now then ever, I didn't know. But I decided to dwell on it later. I spread my wings and jumped at the remaining magicians.
"Ha-wi!" one of the magicians shouted the Egyptian word for, 'strike'.
I turned just in time, the instincts of Horus taking over. The spell hit my wing and ricocheted off into the sand.
Landing on one knee, I thrashed my talon one way and made a shabti crumble into clay bits.
"Tas!" The second to last magician shouted. The hieroglyphs hovered in the air, as I remembered what Sadie had said. The word for bind.
Pink roped lashed out from thin air and wrapped around my arm, tying it against my side while pinning me to the ground.
I let out a shrill screech of rage and tried to break the bonds. Except they didn't break.
The magicians cautiously stepped forward and raises their hands to cast another spell.
In the blink of an eye, a sword appeared out of no where and knocked one of the men to the ground. The other magician turned and ran for the hills.
Remember, only you can save your sister. You alone must defeat your greatest enemy. Horus's voice echoed in the back of my mind.
Now that was the most random time to bring that up. I looked up and saw Annabeth and Percy, watching me, shocked.
I flapped my free wing and centered my thoughts to changing back- then I was just normal Carter Kane, sitting in a bunch of ribbons and sand.
"What did you- how did you- how the Hades did you do that?" Percy asked, picking his sword up.
I spat some sand out, "I actually don't know how I did that. But what I'm interested in is, how did you summon that wave?"
Annabeth nodded, her stormy eyes still a little dazed, "That's what I was about to ask."
Percy shrugged, "I dunno. I just sensed water beneath us. Maybe we're close to some sort of water source."
     Then it snapped. The Nile River. Bast had once told me that masses of running water loosened the grip of a god or goddess to the real world. The only river that didn't have that effect, was the Nile River. In fact, it was a place where gods were strongest. Would Set hide Sadie there?
     Worth a shot to find her.
     "You guys feel up for a trip to the Nile?" I asked, the god of war giving me enough courage to sink a battle ship.