iii

The next day at school went quicker than ever. Maybe because I was way too excited for Ash's house party tonight. Ethan, Ash and I were walking down the hallways after school was over and talking about the party and it's arrangements.

"So, you're bringing the sodas," Ash said to Ethan and then she turned to me and said, "and you're to bring the cups."

"What? I'm your friend plus guest you can't tell me to bring anything !" I gasped.

"Ethan is my friend too do you see him complaining?" she grinned while Ethan just shrugged and I shook my head smiling a bit.

Walking through the parking lot with them I felt stares on me so I looked around and saw a group of girls, including Kendall pointing at me and saying something among themselves. As soon as I looked at them they acted as if they weren't even aware of my existence there. My eyebrows frowned in confusion.

The situation seemed to have caught Ashley and Ethan's attention too for Ethan pulled me by my wrist and Ashley told me stay away from that group.

"But why?" I asked.

"All you need to know is you're new here and they're not a good company. We're your friends and we'll never want anything bad for you so trust us on this," was what Ethan had said and Ashley nodded.

I curled my lips upside down and shrugged not understanding what they were trying to imply. I mean they're a bunch of highschool girls, what could possibly be wrong with them?

"Back to the business," Ash's voice broke me out of my trance. "Don't forget to bring what you're supposed to bring and be there by 8. Don't be late fellas !"

"What are we supposed to wear?" I said before she disappeared.

"Anything comfy," she yelled before getting into her car.

Because mum and dad both were busy today I was riding home with Ethan on his Vespa GTS 300.

We got on his bike and he went off to his home after dropping me.

|4 hours later|

Being the perfect tomboy I am, I got dressed in a high waisted jeans and a white Gucci sweatshirt. I put on my white snickers and then put on a light makeup.

After that I went downstairs and got the bag of cups and put it on the back seat of our car. As soon as mum came out she got in the driver's seat and I got in the passenger side.

She started the ignition. "What have I told you about wearing seatbelts, Y/N?" she said sternly.

"Ugh," I groaned and pulled the seatbelt on.

"Now we're good," she smiled and drove off to Ash's place.

After a ride of whole 20 minutes we reached our destination and I got out of car with the bag of cups. Before I could get in to the house mum said from behind, "Don't be destructive," at this point we both laughed a little. "Be a good one and be at home by midnight. Okay?"

"Okay mom," I reassured her for the umpteenth time and waved her bye before getting in to the house.

As soon as I set my foot inside, I was welcomed by the blasting music and slight drunk, hormonal teenagers rubbing against each other.

Judging by the party had just started, no one was that drunk. I shook my head and started looking around hoping to see either Ethan or Ashley.

Suddenly someone wrapped their hands around my neck and I turned around being startled. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it was only Ashley.

"Geez, Ash how many people have you invited?" I shouted through the deafening music.

"Most of them are uninvited lmao," she giggled.

"You're drunk already?!" I chuckled and grabbed her by the waist.

"I'm not drunk !" She pouted which made her look cute. "Lemme take you to the kitchen so you can put the cups there."

As soon as we got into the kitchen a tall brunette came into my view. She was holding a bear can on her one hand and the other hand was on some random guy's shoulder.

"They're here too?! But this noon you said- "

"Most of them are uninvited, remember?" Ash said cutting me off.

"Yeah, right." I nodded.

"Now I'll head off to attend some other people. You find Ethan and have fun." she hugged me before running off to God knows where.

After a good two hours into the party,I found myself sitting by the pool being bored while all these horny teenagers are on each other.

My legs were flung in to the water and I was humming to myself when I felt someone sit beside me. I turned around to see Kendall sitting there looking deep in to the water.

I shifted my gaze from her to the pool again and that's when I heard her talk.

"I'm Kendall," she said smiling at me sticking her hand out to shake.

I shook her hand, "Y/N."

"Nice name," she said.

"Yours too," I said sheepishly.

"You're here from Florida, I heard?"

"Heard right." I smiled taking a sip of my cola.

Suddenly, she leant her head on my shoulder. She wasn't drunk. If anything, she was a bit tipsy. So I'd guess it was done on purpose.

We were quiet for a moment. The silence wasn't awkward. It was rather comfortable and I enjoyed it to be honest.

She lifted her head from my shoulder. "I wanted to talk to you since the first time I saw you yesterday."

"Not from a long ago then." I chuckled and she did too and I turned to her.

Looking deep into her eyes I saw those brown hypnotising orbs taking me in and we both started to lean in. Just when our noses touched someone yelled, "Yo, Ken, you're here !" and we both shot apart from each other.

I looked at the person who yelled and it was a tall guys walking towards us. He grabbed Kendall by her wrist and pulled her away with him. She gave me a last apologetic glance before disappearing into the sweaty teenagers crowd.

I know it was none of my business but the way he pulled her away from me made me want to punch him square in the face. I mean, we were about to kiss you loathsome fool !

Holy shit ! We were about to kiss.

***

03.10.17