vi

Three weeks have passed since Kendall and I's first kiss. Later that evening, she called me on my phone and asked me if I wanted to go out on a date with her. Naturally, I had said yes. Since then we've been dating.

Even though we had agreed to keep it low-key for awhile, I couldn't resist the urge to tell Ashley and Ethan.

And when they came to know, they gave me the most sour expression anyone could ever give.

"You're joking right?" Ethan asked with his eyes widen.

"Umm, no?" I said, creases visible on my forehead.

"What?" Ash whisper-screamed. "Are you being for real right now?"

"Why are you guys acting like this?" I shouted too. "Aren't you guys happy for me?"

"We would've been happy for you if it was with someone else. But it's Kendall for fuck's sake." Ethan exasperated.

"And what's so wrong with that, Ethan?"

"You don't know her, Y/N," he calmed his voice down as much as he could. "She's a real bitch. A monster. I'm just trying to protect you."

"Well, I don't know what she did to you guys but she's never been anything but nice to me and I think I can protect myself !"

"Fine," he said through gritted teeth, "don't come crawling back to me when she breaks your heart."

And with that he stormed off from there without giving me a second glance. I was fuming with anger. Smoke flaring from my nostrils.

Ashley gave me a look before patting my shoulder and running after Ethan.

I sighed audibly and took my phone out which made me realize that I had to meet Kendall in the library. I shook my head trying to get all these mess out of my head and made my way towards the library.

Reaching there, I searched for Kendall and found her at the far end of the library. I appeared from behind her and hugged her from behind.

She flinched at the sudden closeness but when she realized it was me, she calmed down.

"Hey," I whispered softly in her ear.

She turned around connecting our lips together. Every time we kissed, it was like a new experience to me. The same butterflies erupted in my stomach and I felt like my heart would explode anytime.  It felt all new every time and that's when I realized I can kiss these lips for the rest of my life.

"Hi," she said pulling away. "You're late," she pouted.

And God, she looked so cute in that little gesture.

Wait, doesn't she look cute always?

"Yeah, I'm sorry," I said scratch the back of my neck. "Got caught up in something."

She gave me a concerned look and ran her hands through my hair, trying to calm me down.

"Is something the matter?" she asked.

"No, I'm fine," I let out a nervous laugh.

"It doesn't seem like that," she paused scanning my face for any kind of information. "You know you can tell me anything right?"

I sighed. "It's just Ethan and Ash-- "

"What about them?"

"Trust me you don't wanna hear it."

"Trust me I want to." she argued.

I finally gave up and told her the whole matter. She listened to me very carefully and by the time I was done her facial expressions screamed that she was kind of hurt.

I took her hand in mine intertwining them. "Please don't listen to them. They don't know what they're talking about."

"Did you believe them?" her voice cracked in the end.

"What?! Of course not !!" I said reassuring her. I cupped her face making her look straight into my eyes.

"Look, Kenny, you make me happy and that's what really matters. Not what they think about you."

"I've had a couple of fights with them before but I never thought this will result into me losing someone so special for me." she said.

"You're not losing anyone," I reassured squeezing her hand. "I'm right here. And as far as I'm concerned about them, they're my friends. They'll come around, trust me."

"You promise?" she said in a small voice.

"I do." I said and pulled her into a hug. She burried her face in the crook of my neck and I kissed the top of her head.

The bell then rang signalling us that our free period was over and it was now lunch time. We both got out of the library and started to make our way towards canteen. That's when her friend, Bella came and said hi to me.

"Hi, Bella," I greeted her back.

"Would you mind if I borrow Kendall from you?" she said earning a smack on her arm from Kendall.

"Nope, not at all," I gave her a small smile.

She smiled at me and took Kendall with her but not before Kendall threw me a flying kiss. I'm guessing she told her friends too. They were walking away and laughing at God knows what.

I entered the canteen and took my tray. When I turned back I saw Ethan and Ashley sitting on our regular table. I walked towards them and sat myself next to Ashley; across from Ethan.

There was a moment of silence between us before Ethan spoke up.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I think I overreacted. Shouldn't of done that." he said looking tenderly at me.

"You don't have to be sorry, Ethan. I know that you guys might have some issue but she's completely different with me. I can tell. Maybe she's changing for the better, you know?"

He smiled softly at me. "I hope you're right."

Ashley and I smiled too.

"Now look who's wrapped around the Jenner's finger huh !" Ethan joked and I threw popcorns at him.

We three got lost in out own world where we didn't fight and had the best time of our lives. Laughing, joking around, pulling each other's leg forgetting the stress and basically having fun with my friends made me feel I was in some kind of paradise which I never wanted to leave. No worries, just peace.

***

hi ! im so sorry I didn't update. i totally forgot that i had a book to update bc im an ass. also this chapter is unedited bc im not the best writer and you'll live so... anyways, enjoy reading, vote and comment. ciao !

17.10.17