i

|y/n pov|

"Y/N, for the love of God, wake up!" my mum sighed jerking me to wake up. "You don't wanna get late for your first day at school."

I groaned in annoyance and threw the covers off myself. This is what I hated the most- waking up in the morning for school.

I got up and shot a glare towards my mum who was picking up my scattered stuffs from the floor.

"I swear Y/N if you don't start being tidy I'm gonna beat your ass up," mum said without looking at me and putting the folded clothes on the chair.

"Can't promise, mum," I joked and got in my washroom to freshen up and get ready for my new school.

We moved in here in LA a week ago from New Jersey. My mum is a government officer and for her job we have to move every so often. But this time we're here for minimum two years and I'm gonna finish my highschool here.

Today was the first class of my junior year and guess what? I wasn't even a bit excited.

Yeah, I know normally everyone gets very excited to go to their new school and maybe nervous too. But I wasn't feeling any of them considering I do that a lot. And it also pisses me so much because whenever I make friends at my new school it's time for me to change schools again. Sometimes it gets very frustrating when you have to leave your friends and move into a new place and when you're almost done making new friends, it's time for you to move again.

Anyways, when I got out of my washroom after freshening up, I put on a pair of black skinny jeans, a maroon oversized sweater and a pair of black converses. Pulling my hair into a ponytail I grabbed my bag and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Hi, mum." I said once I reached the kitchen and saw her making breakfast.

She hi'ed me back and placed a plate of nutella sandwich in front of me. After making breakfast she sits across me on the kitchen counter and looks at me.

"Okay, Y/N, so I'm gonna drop you at school today and dad'll pick you up and take you to his place," she continued, "you have some spare clothes at his house, don't you?"

I nodded my head confirming that I did.

And yeah, my parents didn't live together.

"It'll go this way for awhile untill you get familiar with the routes and streets, okay?" She asked me as I was chewing on my sandwich.

"Okaaaaay, mum." I reassured her and it took me a lot of will power to not roll my eyes at her.

"Now if you're done, let's drop you at school." Mum said excitedly while on the other hand I just smiled.

The drive was for about 15 mins to my school from our home. After mum pulled our car outside of the gate I got out of the car as well as she did. I knew what was coming and I tried to escape before it could hapoen but too late.

She gently grabbed my arm and ran her fingers through my hair- fixing it.

"Be a good girl, will you?" She smiled at me.

"Of course, mum." I whined.

She kissed the top of my head and my cheeks went hot in embarrassment seeing all the looks we were receiving from the people around us.