ii

"So how was new school?" Dad asked once we got in the car and he started the ignition.

"Good," I shrugged. "Made two new friends...again."

"That's good, you know," he exclaimed. "I think you're pretty good at making friends."

"Yeah since I can never have permanent friends I'll have to be good at making new friends." I scoffed.

"C'mon, baby girl, don't be like that." He tried to soothe me. "Your mum works so hard for you."

I let out an audible sigh agreeing with the fact that mum in fact, does a lot for us.

I nodded at him and turned the radio on and 'Wannabe' by Spice Girls came blasting through our speaker.

Dad and I started singing along on the top of our lungs while he drove. This is what we always did whenever we rode together.

Finally he pulled on his driveway and I jumped out of the car running towards the door.

Once I was in, I ran into the kitchen and started rummaging through the fridge for some food.

"At least change your clothes first," dad laughed entering the kitchen.

"What? I'm hungry." I somehow managed to say with a mouthful of leftover spaghetti.

He laughed and messed up my hair walking to the fridge to get a bottle of water.

"Take a shower and get changed okay? Meanwhile I'll make some us some lunch." He informed.

I nodded at him and went to my room after he finished.

It took me like twenty minutes to shower and get into my shorts and oversized hoody. I walked out of the bathroom and heard voices downstairs.

After dying my hair I went straight to the kitchen and saw Lily cooking us breakfast while dad was jumping in front of the tv watching some game in the other room.

"Hi," I told her once I got myself seated on the kitchen counter.

"Oh, hey," she turned her attention to me. "How're you?"

"Yeah, I'm good. You?" I replied pouring myself a glass of water.

"I'm doing great," she started, "but can you please call your dad? Lunch is ready."

"Sure." I replied and slid out of the kitchen to call dad for lunch.

"You said you'd make us lunch," I joked munching on my taco.

"I did," dad shrugged while gave him a 'oh really?' look.

I snickered. "Oh pardon me I didn't know you meant Lily when you said 'I'."

He just shrugged at me again and continued eating his lunch while we just shook our heads in amusement.

***

"Y/M/N will come by to pick you up by 6," dad said after he ended the call with mum.

I shook my head and continued scrolling through my phone.

Suddenly I got a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number :
Hey!

Me:
Umm...who are you?

Unknown number :
Oh my God I'm so sorry XD I'm Ashley. I got your number from Ethan. I'm not any crazy stalker don't worry xoxo