iv

I couldn't help but wake up with a big grin plastered on my lips from last night's activities. My smile grew wider every time I thought about the closeness that Kendall and I had shared. Even tho I knew it meant nothing, it didn't keep me away from smiling brightly. But then the thought of that guy pulling her away from me made me sad.

I came back home at half past midnight last night. Ethan dropped me off at my home again. I entered home seeing mum watching tv at the living room, waiting for me. She smiled as she saw me enter.

"You're thirty minutes late," she joked as I walked to her.

"Yeah, lost track of time. I'm sowwy, mom" I said to her giving her a hug and my infamous puppy eyes.

"It's okay," she chuckled. "Now off to bed. You've got school tomorrow."

I nodded and kissed her goodnight. Even tho I got changed and lied on my bed, I couldn't sleep. The thought of Kendall so close to me stole my sleep away. For somewhat reason I was so mad at that guy. If he hadn't pulled her away from me then we probably would've kissed. The whole night, I kept wondering about how her soft, plump lips must've felt on mine. And this thought single handedly managed to leave me sleepless all night.

***

I sighed heavily and left my bed, making my way to the washroom. After I was done with my morning routine, I dressed up for school and went downstairs.

I didn't really wanna go to school today but the reason is unclear to me. I don't know why but I didn't feel like going. But also, I couldn't skip school it was only the third day of my school for fuck's sake. So I went against all of my despairs and got in the car to go to school.

After dropping me off to school mum drove away to her work. I lazily walked through the hallways and got to my locker to get my stuffs.

I have bio and maths with Ethan and English with Ashley. Then I have physics and I was all alone in that class. Neither Ethan nor Ash was with me.

The first two periods went painfully slow. Ethan was also with me in the first two periods but he kept sleeping throughout the whole period so I was bored to my edge.

Hell it was the third day of my school and I was already annoyed and bored as fuck with it.

Finally when lunch time came we sat on a table in the cafeteria. I was trying my best not to fall asleep on my plate of spaghetti.

"Yo, Y/N, you okay?" Ashley muffled out with a mouth full of tots.

"I'm good, just sleepy. That's why you don't throw a party on a school night." I yawned.

"As if you didn't enjoy it !" Ash said.

"Never said that." I chuckled. "But I almost fell asleep on second period."

"What was this idiot doing?" she said gesturing towards Ethan while he was drinking his milk.

"This idiot slept throughout the whole time ! Both the periods ! You were supposed to keep me company !" I exclaimed while just shrugged.

"I was sleepy what can I do, huh?" Ethan retorted.

"Entertain me of course !"

"EnTeRtAiN mE Of cOuRSe !" he mocked me and I smacked the back of his arm and our heads fell backwards with laughter.

The last class was physics and it was the first physics class I've attended after I started schooling here. As soon as I stepped in to classroom, my heart rate increased seeing her sitting there with all her bliss. I stopped in my track, looking at her, admiring her facial features.

The way she's talking to someone, her eyes roaming from the board to her copy. Her scribbling something down on her notebook, everything seemed to captivate me in a way no one ever did. She was just so effortlessly beautiful and I just wanted to be her friend.

The voice of our physics teacher brought me to reality and I literally ran to sit on the vacant seat next to Kendall.

Physics is my favorite subject and I actually enjoy attending the class unlike chemistry. The teacher was giving us a lecture about Vector and I was taking notes every now and then. Only ten minutes was left into the class when our teacher assigned us a group project.

"You have to work in pair in this project and you're free to choose a partner for yourself. " he said making me debate internally if I should ask Kendall to be my partner.

Ever since I've been in this classroom she hasn't even given me one glance let alone talk to me so I automatically assumed she didn't remember anything from last night. Hell she probably doesn't even know me now then how should I ask her to be my partner?

Taking a deep breath in and gathering all the courage I had left in me, I made my way towards her.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey, Y/N." she smiled.

"Oh so she remembers me."

"How are you?" I asked scratching the back of my neck.

"I'm good," she nodded, "and you?"

"Yeah, I'm good too."

There was a silence between us for a moment before she decided to break the ice.

"Would you like to be my partner for this project?" she asked.

I most certainly had not expected that !

My heart started racing faster and I somehow managed to choke out a faint 'yes'.

"Great," she said. "Give me your number so we can fix schedule for the project and are you free after school?"

I nodded.

"Fine, then can you come to my place after school? We'll discuss the basics."

I cleared my throat. "Yeah sure why not."

She handed me her phone. "Your number?"

"Oh yeah !" I smiled nervously and took her phone and typed my number in and handed it to her. I saw her saving my number by 'Partner'. Then she dialled my number from her phone and my phone rang.

"You have my number now," she smiled. "See you after school? I'll text you the address."

"Totally."

"Bye, Y/N." she said and I watched her walk away until she was out of my sight.

"kandle ❤" I saved her number in my phone.

***

it was super cliché and short, I know :') also, thanks a lot you guys for 1.29k reads !

10.10.17