viii

I woke up with a jolt when I realized it was finally Saturday and I was supposed to take Kendall out on a date today. I was waiting for today since yesterday when I asked her out and the time seemed to be slow down every passing moment. And now, after waiting for 18 hours, the moment finally came. So, I got up from bed and walked to the washroom to freshen up.

I had personally planned for a normal date. Like, taking the to the carnival. Spending the whole day with her and eating junk food. Just stuffs that normal teenagers do. But if she wanted to do something else, I'd gladly follow her.

After freshening up I got out my white pants and a black sweatshirt with an alien emoji embroidered on the upper left side of it. Putting on my olive green vans oxfords I ran downstairs.

"Hi, mum," I greeted her seeing her sitting on the breakfast table, reading the newspaper.

"Good morning, sweetheart," she said smiling at me.

I got to the fridge and got a bottle of water.

"I was wondering if I can get your car for today?" I asked cautiously taking a sip from the bottle. She just raised her eyebrows giving me a curious look.

"My friends and I are going out for a weekend getaway and I told them I'll bring your car," I said scratching my head.

'if she said no, then the whole date's gonna get ruined' - I thought internally.

Suddenly she spoke up and I swear I've never been this happy in my life.

"Fine, take it," she smiled. "But drive safe."

Obviously duh.

"Of course, mum," I said reassuring her and running towards the door, not before giving her a peck on the cheeks.

"What about breakfast?" I heard her yell.

"I'll have it later with them." I yelled back.

I got in the car and started the ignition. I felt a bit bad for lying to mum but at least it wasn't hurting anyone. I shook my head and started driving to Kendall's place.

Once I was outside her house I texted her that I had reached. She took no time to reply and immediately replied that she was coming outside.

Well I hoped for a bit of introduction to her family since it was weekend and most probably everyone was at house, but it's okay, I guess.

I saw her coming through the door after awhile. It seemed like she was escaping and no one knew. But then again, if she was escaping someone would've noticed right? I mean it's not like no one would notice if she was gone. I shook my head pushing all those wild thoughts at the back of my head and putting on a smile.

It still felt weird tho.

I got out the car seeing her walking towards me and held the door of the passenger seat for her. She smiled.

"Thanks," she mumbled before getting into the car and I ran back to my side.

Getting into the car I asked her if her family knew that she was going out with me.

She looked bewildered for awhile but then answered.

"Of course they do." she smiled nervously. "Why?"

"Nothing," I said and started the ignition, driving towards the carnival.

Reaching the carnival I parked the car in a spot and walked out with Kendall. As soon as we entered through the giant, colorful gates, Kendall literally ran towards the ride that has horses, elephants and other animals as the ride (idk the name of the ride, sorry xx)