Search Pity Party

Hopper 
"He's a good student," someone tells me over people in the search party calling for the kid.

"What?"

"Will. He's a good student," he repeats. "Great one, actually. I don't think we've met." He holds out his hand for me to shake and introduces himself as Scott Clarke, the Earth and biology teacher at Hawkins Middle School.

"I always had a distaste for science," I say.

"Well, maybe you had a bad teacher," he says. {Honestly though why can't Mr. Clarke be my teacher.}

"Yeah, Ms. Ratliff was a piece of work."

"Ratliff?" He chuckles. "You bet. She's still kicking around, believe it or not."

"Oh, I believe it. Mummies never die, so they tell me. Sarah, my daughter . . . galaxies, the universe, whatnot . . . she always understood all that stuff. I always figured there was enough going on own here, I never needed to look elsewhere."

"Your daughter—what grade is she? Maybe I'll get her in my class."

"No, she, uh . . . She lives with her mom in the city." No, I think to myself, she doesn't live anywhere. "Thanks for coming out, Teach. We really appreciate it."

Mike
"Lucas, do you copy?" I ask through the walkie-talkie. (Y/N) had gone home and I am now contemplating over our unfinished D&D campaign. "It's Mike. Lucas?"

"Hey, it's Lucas," he says.

"I know it's you. And say 'over' when you're done talking so I know you're done. Over." {When you're having weird SpongeBob nostalgia.}

"I'm done. Over."

"I'm worried about Will. Over."

"Yeah. This is crazy. Over."

"I was thinking. . . . Will could've cast a Protection spell last night, but he didn't. He cast Fireball. Over."

"What's your point? Over."

"My point is . . . he could've played it safe, but he didn't. He put himself in danger to help the party. Over."

There's a long pause before Lucas says, "Meet me in ten. Over and out."

I pack my walkie-talkie and other supplies in my bag and sneak out on my bike to find Douchebag Steve climbing onto the roof of our house near Nancy's room. I should probably question him or tell Mom, but I couldn't care less about him at all.

Nancy
I shuffle through my flashcards and someone taps on my window. I look over and see Steve outside my window, asking me to come let him in. I open the window and ask, "What are you doing here? I told you on the phone I'm under house arrest now."

"I figured we'd just study here," he says.

"No. No way."

"Oh, come on. I can't have you failing this test." He climbs in through the window. "So just bear with me." He straightens out his clothes after clumsily regaining his balance. "What did I tell you? Ninja."

I scoff and shut the window.

Eleven
This "ice cream" tastes very good.

"You like that ice cream, huh?" Benny says. "Smile looks good on you." I don't understand. "You know, smile?" He makes a face that makes him look happy. I try the same to do the "smile" and continue eating the ice cream. Someone knocks on the door.

"All right, you sit tight," Benny says. "Whoever it is, I'll tell 'em to go away real quick, all right?" {I actually want to see a world where Benny takes in Eleven instead of calling Social Services, not even caring if she's someone else's child.}