Anything, Everything, and So Much More

Joyce
I tear into the box and set up the new phone hurriedly. I go to sit in the living room armchair, but the cord won't reach. I turn the chair around to face the outlet {or whatever you call that thingy} and scoot it closer. I breathe heavily, hoping for another call.

Hopper
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, careful," I say to Callahan, backing him away from the edge of the cliff. "I need you alive for the next few days, at least."

"Oh, hell, I could survive that," he says. I scoff. "What? George Burness made the jump. And he was drunk as a skunk. He did it on a ten-dollar bet."

"George is a liar. You make that jump from this height, that water turns into cement." I clap my hands together. "Hits you like a ton of bricks. Break every damn bone in your body."

He looks down. "Nah."

"Chief, you copy?" Flo calls in from the radio.

I open the radio. "Yeah, Flo, talk to me."

"Hey, Chief, we got a call from over at Benny's. I think you need to get there right away."

.^.^.^.^.

We pull up to Benny's, meeting the fire truck and ambulance that are already there. Inside is the lifeless figure of Benny, bullet shot in the head, gun in hand, lying on one of the tables. {Screw Barb. #JusticeForBenny}

"Oh, Jesus," Callahan chokes.

"Suicide?" Powell asks.

"Mm-hm," I hum in agreement.

"Missing kid, suicide . . . ," Callahan lists. "You must feel like a big city cop again, huh, Chief?"

"Well, I mostly dealt with strangers back then," I say. "Benny was my friend."

Jonathan
I park on the side of the road and walk to Dad's front door, peering inside the window before rapping my knuckles six times on it. {Eheh it was actually five but it's now six for reference purposes. Anyone? Anyone?} When no one answers, I shout out, "Hello?" I knock again, more aggressively.

That teenager Mom was talking about answers the door with a rude "Can I help you?"

"Yeah, is Lonnie around?"

"Yeah, he's out back. What do you want?"

"To look around." I let myself in, ducking past her.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing? Hey!" she calls after me.

"I'll be fast."

I walk down the hall and call for Will, a flicker of hope burning in my chest. We the flame dims and I start walking out, someone pins me against the wall—Dad.

"Get off!" I say, giving him a hard shove.

"Damn, you've gotten stronger," he says.

"Will someone please explain what the hell is going on?" the teenager asks.

"Jonathan, Cynthia," Dad introduces. "Cynthia, this is Jonathan. My oldest." He pulls me into a hug and I push him off, not wanting anything to do with such an awful father like he is.

(Y/N)
Dustin, Lucas, and I rush to Mike's. Once we get there and make it up to his bedroom, that girl is still there, sitting on his bed.

"Are you out of your mind?" Lucas asks Mike.

"Just listen to me," Mike says.

"You are out of your mind!" Lucas says.

"She knows about Will!"