Chapter 7:

• Dedicated to One Direction

I cleaned after the mess. I put on some real clothes and sat back down at the kitchen table with my mom.

"To be clear, Kasey was tricking me. She was messing with my brain."

"Yeah, but I don't understand," my mom replies. "She has always been a sweet little girl since we moved in!"

"Well, I don't remember One Direction at all, so it doesn't matter!" I say getting up.

"Well, it was rude to do that. You know she might actually just saying that she's dating him!" I shrug and then leave to go to the living room.

I sit on the couch and turn on the T.V. I need to find a good movie or show to watch so I don't get bored. I surf through the channels. I find mostly kid shows, like Dora or Elmo, but then I found something. Something that is around 17 years old. I throw the remote away from me and lean back and watch the movie. It isn't that scary at first but when the monster pops out of no where I fall off the couch accidently turning the T.V off with my butt. My heart is pounding really hard. I get back up onto the couch. I leave the remote on the floor and just lay down. I cover myself with the soft brown blanket and shut my eyes.

I dream of the monster. The monster popping up out of no where. I awake with the blanket twisted and half on me and half on the floor. I am sweating like I just ran 70 miles without walking. My clothes are damp and my hair is a mess and not straight like it was earlier. I sit up on the couch. There is water on the table in front of me, which I chug down right away. My mother is in the recliner and sleeping. I think my screaming awoke her and she was worried about me. She rubs my forehead with a wet cloth and I try to shoo her away put she won't. She says she has to take care of me like a real mother.

"Mom, I'm fine! It was only a nightmare," I say.

"But you're sweating like you're sick. Don't be like me like yesterday. No one in this household will throw up again until sick season!" my mother says rubbing me with the cloth again.

"Mom, when is sick season?"

"Tomorrow," my mother replies rubbing me with the cloth again. I swat at her and the cloth drops to my feet. I lean back on the couch again and twittle my thumbs. My mother picks the cloth up and places it on my knee cap. She waddles away to the kitchen and opens the fridge with some diffuculty. She grabs the water pitcher and places it on the table and gets some cups out. She sits down and pours the water and brings one cup to me.

"Thank you," I say. I chug this water, too. The door opens and in comes my daddy. He is wet. He is barefoot  and he has his wet sneakers in his hand. His hair leaves puddles the ground.

"Good afternoon," he says shaking his head like a dog.

"It's raining?" my mother asks looking out the window. Sun was streaming through the window.

"No! After I dropped off Leah I went to the car wash and the car window was still open and water streamed through the window soaking me!" I laughed.

"Creative!" I say clapping. I laugh some more then I start coughing. My mother, with, the water pitcher ready, pours me a glass and hands it to me and I chug that down, too. Then, I run to the bathroom.

I come back and my mother is kissing my dad. My dad is crying but he is smiling. I smile at him wondering why he is crying.

"Honey, sit down," my mother says. She pats the sofa and I sit where she pats.

"What's going on?" I ask blowing the hair out of my mouth.

"I am having another baby!" says my mother. My smile fades away.