Nine

Garcia's pov

"Please pick up the phone." I tapped my fingernails against the desk. What was taking him so long. The call went to voicemail. "Ugh." I groan. Spencer needed to know how this girl was. What if when he went there last night she hurt him. Oh no. I thought popped into my head. I'll call Derek he'll know what to do.

The phone rings twice before he picks up, "Hey baby girl." Derek says his usual greeting. I wasted no time in telling him why I called. "I think Reid's in trouble." My words were so rushed I'd be surprised if he heard me clearly.

"Wow slow down Garcia. Why do you think Reid's in trouble?" I took a deep breath before telling him everything I knew. "Well after Reid told us about that girl I decided to look into her a little bit. She's really pretty by the way. Sorry so anyways I found her school info and things like that's. She dropped out of high school when she was sixteen and I don't know why because her grades where amazing. Anyways after that I found another record of crimes. And Derek she's had everything from robbery to carjacking she even has a charge for murder but the case was dropped. This all started right after she dropped out of school. Once she hits eighteen her records gone. There is no paper trail for this girl. So I called Reid to tell him and he's not answering." I take another deep breath.

"Do you have her address?" I roll my eyes was he being serious. "Yes I'm sending it to you know." I could her his phone vibrate with the text I just sent him. "Alright I'm going to call Spencer and if he doesn't pick up I'll go to her address and send someone to see if Spencer is home." I let out a sigh of relief. Derek always new what to do. "Alright let me know what you find." I hang up with a sigh.

Hotch's pov

There was only a week left in the month and if all the letters are right I'll be dead on the last day. I had gotten another letter today. It was stuck to my front door when I woke up. Knowing that she was here and could have killed me know really pisses me off. I decided to read the letter while I had my morning coffee.

Dear My Helpless Victim,
There's only one week left before the end of the month. I hope you live your last week well. I will say I'm going to miss all these letters they are so much fun to write. Here's another fun thing, well for me it's fun. I've recently gotten close to someone close to you. I hope I don't hurt them to much in my process of getting to you.
Love,
Your one and only killer <3

Great now this girl is close to someone I know. For all I know I could have meet her. I tried to think over girls I recently meet but no one came to mind. The one name that did come to mind was Hayley Walters. I decided to look into her. If Reid liked this girl I think he would know if there was something weird about her but I had to be sure. I picked up the phone and called Garcia.

"What can I do for you sir?" She asked but something was off. "I need you to look into Hayley Walters for me." She let out a sigh. "Sir I already have and you're not going to like what I have to say." This can't be good I thought as Garcia began to tell me everything that happened this morning. "Luckily Reid is ok. Morgan told him everything he wants to go talk to Hayley after work tonight."

"Ok that's fine call the team in. I have to tell you all something." I hang up and get ready for work.