Brighter than you

Eun Ho's POV

"I'm home!" I shouted, my voice echoed in the house as I threw my shoes off at the side of the door.

"In the kitchen, Hon!" My mom replied.

I walked over to the kitchen and saw my mom baking an apple pie.

"What's this for eomma?" I asked as I tried to take a piece of the pie.

Mom swatted my hand away as she playfully glared at me.

"It's for our new neighbours who just moved in last night and you are gonna be the one giving it to them." She smirked evilly.

I frowned. " Mom! " I whined.

She knew how awkward I was at meeting new people. She shrugged her shoulders and told me to be ready to go over before dinner. It was already 3 pm so I trudged to my room and decided to clean myself up so I don't smell bad.

I walked out of the washroom after washing up and picked out a black crop top with a dead flower in the middle and white skinny jeans. I went down the stairs while drying my hair in between my towel, just rubbing them.

"Is it ready?"

Mom answered my question as soon as she pulled out the pie from the oven.

"I'm just gonna pack this up..." she trailed off and went ahead to finish her final touches.

Soon, she handed me a handful of apple pie as I grumbled under my breath as she took my towel away and laughed at my sour attitude. Oh, so exciting!

I slipped on my slippers and headed out the door, towards my neighbours front porch.

I slipped out a sigh and hesitated. Eventually, I knocked as soft as I could so that they won't hear it and open the door. I can then skip back to my house and tell my mom that we can have the apple pie to ourselves and lie that they weren't home. But for the fact that all of their windows were open, my mom wouldn't even buy my lie.

After quite sometime and a couple more knocks, the doorknob twisted and a little girl peeked her head out and looked at me with adorable eyes.

"Hello there! I'm your new neighbour." I said shyly.

"Mom! There's a stranger at the door !" She ran back inside the house, screaming her head off.

I winced at the loud sound and frowned. Meeting new people is really hard.

"Hyun Nae stop shouting !" An older woman's voice boomed through the house.

I took a step back at the sound and became fearful as what kind of family we have staying next door to us.

"Oh! I'm so sorry dear if we scared you." A petite beautiful woman made her way to me and opened the door fully. I dare not peek in the house.

"O-oh it's o-okay." I squeaked out.

"I'm Jeon Seo Ah," She smiled warmly and held out her hand.

Jeon? Where have I heard it before?

I hesitantly put my hand out and shook her warm hand.

"I'm Eun Ho. Kim Eun Ho." I replied, still not trusting the family yet.

"My mom told me to come over and welcome you and your family to the neighbourhood. Welcome to the neighbourhood Mrs Jeon," I smiled politely and handed over the delicious pie, silently crying in the inside because I have to let go of the pie.

"Oh, thank you so much. I hope one day we can all have dinner altogether and please, call me Seo Ah. " She invited.

"A-Ah, yes Mrs- I mean Seo Ah ssi," I stuttered and quickly bowed.