Keeping in Step

Eun Ho's POV

"Eun Ho, do I put this box in the car?" Sejeong unnie called from downstairs. 

I exited my room to see which box she was referring to. I peeked my head down the stairs and saw her pointing to my brother's college stuff that he had packed.

"That's my brother's things, unnie." I said and went inside to continue packing.

Although it was Monday, Jin had given us the chance to miss school for me to move over to their house. Since I would be living under their roof for a while, it would just be fair for me to actually listen to the older ones in the house.

Sejeong unnie had taken her time off to help me pack while Taehyung and Jungkook carried the boxes and into the car. Unfortunately, Jimin was unable to help us out as he has a test today that he couldn't miss. 

"That's it," I informed everyone before exiting the house and putting the last box in the car. 

Sejeong unnie helped me to switch off all the electricity and locked the door before trailing behind me. 

For once, Taehyung was driving the car. Throughout the days that I have met him, it was my first time seeing him drive a car. Jin had forced Taehyung to take the car with no matter how much Taehyung argued that he could just take his bike with him. 

"Well, dayum." Jungkook eyes widened looking at the number of things that I have packed. 

I blushed in embarrassment as I slid into the back seat with Sejeong unnie. 

Although Jungkook had tried to convince Soohyun to stay over, her mother wouldn't allow it. However, Soohyun had told us that her mother would allow her to sleepover only on the weekends. Jungkook was beyond excited but hid his excitement really well.

"Have you told your mother?" Taehyung asked, referring to me.

"Not yet. Jin said that he will help me to convince my mother," I shook my head, trying to imagine how my mother would react. More importantly, how my brother would react.

He nodded his head and we continued to drive in silence. After the incident that almost happened two days ago, Taehyung and I have been a little distant but we were still on talking terms. However, it's just like what I fear the most. 

I fear that his actions were just a mistake. I fear that he wasn't in control of his own actions and wouldn't think twice before saying that it was just a mistake and that I should forget about it. Although the guys have dropped the topic, it still lingers in my mind. 

What would have happened if we were to actually confess to each other? Would it work out as I expect it to? 

The fear has been eating me day and night. 

"We're here," Taehyung announced and immediately all of us exited the vehicle.

Sejeong unnie went inside to call out all of the guys out to help us out, leaving the guys and me behind. 

"Jin oppa!" We heard her shouting inside. 

Jungkook shook his head at his non-blood related sister's behaviour. 

"Noona! We need help here," Jungkook yelped when he dropped one of the boxes on his foot. 

Out came tumbling the guys, with a dishevelled look on their faces.

"What were you guys doing?" Jungkook asked the older ones.

"We accidentally took a nap in the living room," Yoongi explained while rubbing his sleeping eyes.