3. Meet the Band

*

"So what are we supposed to do?" Harry asked me as we sat down on his bed.

"Whenever it cries, we do something to make it stop crying," I told him. He nodded his head and laid down in his bed.

"I'm tired," He complained. I sighed and picked up one of the pillows that sat on his bed, hitting him in the face with it.

"What the hell was that for?" He questioned, sitting up with a slight frown on his face.

"I don't want you falling asleep," I told him with a smile. He was about to say something, but the door to his room flew open.

A boy with long brown hair and ocean blue eyes stood in his doorway. He was wearing a black tank top that said 'Suicide Silence' in bold lettering and he wore black skinny jeans with no shoes or socks. His arms are covered in tattoos and he only had one piercing on his lip, minimal piercings compared to Harry.

"HARRY! I MISSED YOU!" The boy shouted. He ran over to Harry and squeezing the living daylights out of him.

"Louis, get off of me," Harry mumbled with a smile on his face.

"How was your first day at school? Did you make any friends?" He asked like a parent would ask their kid after their first day back.

"It was fine and yes, I made a friend," Harry said to the boy, Louis, gesturing to me. Louis turned his head and smiled widely at me.

"Hi there! I'm Louis," He said, quite loudly.

"I'm Kiah," I said while giggling a bit.

"Nice to meet you Kiah," Louis said to me, not hesitating to pull me in for a hug. When he let go he turned his head back to Harry before speaking, "We got a gig this weekend at Little Green Pub! It's downtown, but it's a great chance for our band to get a little more well known locally," Louis told Harry.

"We already got a gig? Wow. We should practice then, yeah?" He asked him. Louis nodded and walked out of the room. Harry stood up and walked over to his desk, opening a drawer and pulling out a slim black microphone, covered in a bunch of random stickers.

"You're in a band?" I asked him standing up.

"Yup," Harry said, holding up his microphone. "Come on, I'll introduce you to my band, we all live here you know."

I wondered if his parents let them all live here as I followed Harry downstairs. We walked down a hallway and then down another set of stairs. We ended up in a room with dark blue walls and instruments set up around the room with four boys around the room, chattering loudly.

I recognized Zayn and Louis, but there's two other boys who I can't recognize.

One boy had a dirty blond colour of hair. He wore a short sleeve red shirt with black skinny jeans and as far as I could tell, he has no tattoos.

The other boy has sleek brown hair that looks like a small fohawk. He has a 5 o'clock shadow and only a few tattoos and piercings. He is wearing a plain white T-shirt with black skinny jeans.

"That's Niall," Harry told me, pointing at the blonde boy. "And that's Liam," He told me, pointing towards the boy with the fohawk.

They both waved at me and I waved back with my free hand. Niall looked at the baby in my arm and smirked.

"Why do you have a baby doll?" Niall asked me.

"It's for our project, let's just get to practicing," Harry answered for me very quickly.

I sat down with my back on the wall, facing the boys.

Zayn picked up a bass and started plugging everything into the amplifier, Louis stood near a keyboard and played a few notes that sounded perfect together, Liam sat behind a set of drums that had a logo on the front that said 'Simple Scars', Niall picked up an electric guitar and started plugging things in, and finally Harry plugged his microphone in to an amp and put it onto a microphone stand.