6. Getting Ready

*

"Oh my God! I left the baby at home!" I yelled to Harry, who was sitting down right next to me on his bed.

Harry chuckled and looked over at me, "We're gonna fail this project," he told me. I giggled along with him and agreed.

"I should get going," I told Harry now, getting up from his bed. He sat up quickly and took my hand.

"No, not yet. Please?" he asked me with a pleading look in his eyes.

"My mum and dad are probably flipping out," I said to him, moving his hand off mine and walking over to my bag. I pulled out my phone and turned it on.

"But-" he had nothing else to say, he just sat back into his bed defeated.

When my phone turned completely on it started going off like crazy.

57 missed calls

205 messages

46 new voice mails

12 new emails

Who in the fuck still uses email? Right, my parents. I unlocked my phone and sent a group message to my mum and dad.

I'll be home soon..

I sent the message and stood up gathering all of my things together.

"Kiah, please don't go," Harry pleaded. I contemplated staying, but decided against it.

"No Harry,  have to go home," I told him. He groaned and stood up, us both walking outside to his car. The drive there was silent, except for the screamo music that played through Harry's car speakers. 

When we arrived at my house Harry parked the car in the driveway and looked over at me.

"If you dad does anything else to you, call me," he told me sternly. I rolled my eyes, but nodded my head. I opened the car door, but felt Harry's hand grab my arm. "Will you be at the show tonight?" he asked. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Of course, just text me all the details," I told him with a slight smile on my face. We said our goodbyes and he pulled out of my driveway. I walked up to my front door and reached under the mat to grab the spare key we keep there, unlocking the door. There were no cars in the driveway so I'm assuming my parents are at work. Typical. 

In their world their jobs always come first, their kids come second.

I remember once when Kian and I were about ten. He fell off of the monkey bars at the playground while we were with a babysitter. He had to go to the hospital for stitches, but my parents stayed at their jobs, not even coming to see their son.

I went up to my room and set my bag on the floor then walking downstairs to eat some food. I searched the fridge for some food, but didn't find anything, so I settled on a banana.

"Kiah!"

I jumped and turned around, finding Kian running toward me. He engulfed me into a huge hug making me laugh loudly.

"Hey Kian," I said while laughing. He let go and smiled at me, kissing my cheek. I rolled my eyes and threw away my banana peel and pulling my phone out of my pocket.