14. And I Gotta Cry All The Time

3rd Person Point of View

It's nearing the start of a new year as Kiah and Kian help their mum put away the Christmas tree they had up in their three bedroom, two bathroom, apartment. After finding out that Kian was gay in September, Kiah and Kian's mum, Ashley, divorced her husband due to his hatred to his son and him having an affair for six years with his secretary.

Kiah happily sighs as her mum kisses her cheek, "I have another Christmas present for you," Ashley said, leading Kiah into the kitchen. Her mum walks over to the counter and picks up a thick manila folder.

"Is that what I think it is?" Kiah excitly asked. Her mum happily nodded her head as Kiah shrieked with excitement, hugging her mum tightly.

Kiah snatched the manila folder and opened it quickly, her eyes skimming over the words quickly. She screamed and flipped the letter for her mum to see, "I got accepted to the University of South Africa mum! This is huge!"

"Oh darling, I'm so proud of you," Ashley said as she squeezed her daughter, their cheeks smashed together.

Kiah felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, she quickly pulled it out and smiled when Harry's name popped up on the screen. Kiah wants to know if Harry got accepted as well, they both applied for the University of South Africa.

What Kiah didn't know, was that her world would turn upside down after that one call.

Kiah

"I'll be right back mum, Harry is calling," I said as I answered my phone, making my way into the living area. "Harry! I'm so happy to talk to you!" I exclaimed when I answered the phone.

"You have news too? Well, I have some too," Harry said back to me, not so enthusiastically.

"Well, I got accepted into the University of South Africa!" I said, my smile radiant.

"Kiah, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you," Harry said. Did he get accepted?

"Did you get accepted? If you didn't I'll just find another university here-"

"No, well, I mean yeah I got accepted, but I have different news," he cut me off. I stayed silent as I heard him take a deep breath and his faint breath in the phone.

"Louis got a call from a guy named Craig Ericson, the president of Rise Records. He offered us a contract Kiah! He saw a video on YouTube and he wants to sign us to his label!"

"Harry that's amazing!" I said into the phone proudly, they're finally going to make it big.

"It's just, erm, the guys and I have to move to Portland, Oregon." Harry said quietly. I sat on the couch in shock, he's leaving me.

"Why?"

"That's where the record label is based, they want us to move and start recording our songs," he said.

"W-When are you guys leaving?" I asked after about a minute of silence.

"Next week," he mumbled quietly, barely even audible.

"So, this is it then, yeah? You're breaking up with me now over the phone to move and just forget about everything we had? What happened to us never leaving each other and growing old together Harry? I was willing to give up my college, my future, for you and now you're leaving me for some record label that's all the way across the fucking world?!" I yelled angrily into the phone.

"Kiah, have you not realized that this is one of the biggest record labels in America? I would love to stay with you, but newsflash, I'm in a band with four other guys who already have their shit packed and ready to go. This is their band and future too, not mine," Harry said with twice the anger in his tone.