»03

ignore how bad this chapter is i promise it improves

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO 'ACT MY AGE' BY HOODIE ALLEN.

BUCKY AND NAVA'S SHOPPING ADVENTURES PT.I
CHAPTER 3

WHAT'RE WE EATING?ASKED BUCKY in his usual impassive tone. Nava looked in the fridge and the freezer with disappointment. All that was left was a few yogurts, one egg, and old frozen waffles.
"I'm going to have to go out," said Nava, and exited the kitchen for a second to grab her coat from the coat-hanger. Entering again, she shrugged her trench-coat on that looked pathetic with her pajamas.

"I'll come," said Bucky.

Nava chewed on the inside of her cheek. If she was to go into trouble, SHIELD wise, Bucky would get stuck with her. "I don't know if that's the safest idea," said Nava, leaving out details of importance.

"Why not?"

"See...what do they call it? I - Well, I'm a wanted 'criminal'," she said with air quotes around 'criminal'.

"Uh-" Bucky scratched the back of his neck. "yeah, me too." Nava looked at him for a moment, ready to criticize, but remembered that she was too. Nava clapped her hands together and her eyes popped out a bit. "Great," she said, not expecting this form of bonding. "Let's go get some cheesecake." She didn't know what it was, but cheesecake made her day better. Always.

Bucky grabbed the coat she gifted him off the coat hanger and followed her out. "Where're we going?" asked Bucky, studying the randomness of their surroundings.

"The store,"

"How?"

"Sh," she hushed. "Just come on," she took off in a little jog, Bucky after her. He didn't understand the way she lived, and why she didn't just move. "If you're hiding from SHIELD, why're you right next to them?" asked Bucky.

"If you were after someone, would you look right in front of your face?"

"No."

"Well that's the point." she explained, picking up her pace. Nava's knees hit the ground, causing Bucky to go a foot ahead and skid to a stop. He eyed her carefully. "Hop on."

"W-what?" his face tinted red.

Nava smiled, picking at her bun. "A piggyback ride," she said. "What, do you really think using a car would be the smartest idea?"