4 || Sans x Mute! Reader ||

[ Edited: Dec. 17, 2018 ]

Editors Note: When I originally wrote this, and most other Sans dialogue afterwards, I made it so there was no capitalization in his sentences like how it is in the game. It was a style choice, but now it just makes this look messy. So, obviously I'm going to be changing that.

" Beware the man who speaks in hands." Thats what the first person you met here in the underground told you. This always made you confused, you never understood what they meant. Did it mean to fear you?

You happened to speak in hands since you were unable to talk. Sadly, when you were born your vocal cords had been badly damaged. But, despite the hardships you worked your way around it, and made it to the point your at today.

" Hey (Name)." Sans said as he opened the door.

" ☟✋ 💧♋︎■︎⬧︎✏︎ ✋⧫︎🕯︎💧 ☠♓︎♍︎☜ ❄⚐ 💧♏︎☜ ✡□︎◆︎✏︎" You replied.

( Hi Sans! It's nice to see you again! )

" Yeah, it's nice to see you too. Come in, we were waiting for you." Sans added, opening the door more for you.

You walk in to see just about everyone, as he said. Frisk was sitting on the couch with Monster Kid watching a Christmas movie. Papyrus was making dinner with Toriel, but peaking back to look at the movie every second or so. Alphys was distracting Undyne with manga so she didn't run and destroy the kitchen, Mettaton was dancing around while Asgore watched drinking hot chocolate.

" ♦□︎⬥︎✏︎ ☜❖︎♏︎❒︎⍓︎□︎■︎♏︎🕯︎💧 ☟♏︎❒︎♏︎✏︎" You said awestruck

( Wow! Everyone's here! )

" Yeah, Papyrus is really happy about that." Sans smiles as he always does. You began following him towards everyone.

' Hi (Name!) ' Frisk signs. You two were similar in the way that you were both mute. While you understood a majority of sign language, you weren't confident enough in your abilities to. So, you stuck with speaking in hands, which consfused Frisk considering they didn't speak hands.

" ☟✋ ☞❒︎♓︎⬧︎🙵✏︎" You say smiling.

( Hi Frisk! )

Frisk looks at Sans questioningly. You've never had a full conversation with Frisk before. The most you knew without getting lost somewhere along the way was the simple greeting, " Hi, (Name)." Frisk, on the otherhand, never understood hands. They wanted to learn but found it way more complicated than they thought it was.

" They say 'Hi' too." Sans sighs.

Frisk smiles at you and goes back to watching TV.

" (Name) y-you're h-here!" Alphys says walking over with Undyne.

" ☟✋ ✌●︎◻︎♒︎⍓︎⬧︎✏︎ ✡□︎◆︎☼ 👎❒︎♏︎⬧︎💧 ☹ □︎□︎🙵💧 👌♏︎♋︎◆︎⧫︎♓︎♐︎◆︎●︎✏︎ 💧♒︎□︎◆︎●︎👎 ✞■︎♎︎⍓︎■︎☜ 👌☜ ☝□︎♓︎■︎☝ ❄⚐ ❄♒︎☜ 😐♓︎⧫︎♍︎♒︎♏︎■︎✍︎" You ask.

( Hi Alphys! You're dress looks beautiful! Should Undyne be going to the kitchen? )

" U-UNDYNE!" Alphys said running off.

Alphys understood what you said to an extent, she may have undestood that you said "Hi" and then something about Undyne. You didn't know much about what Alphys knew of hands. She said once she remembered working with this scientist who spoke similarly sometimes, but she had very few memories of it and didn't talk much of it.