16 || Nightmare! Sans x Self Harming! Reader ||

[ Edited: March 5, 2019 ]

Editor's Note: As stated in the title, this part does contain a few themes of depression and self harm. If you are uncomfortable with or do not like these themes, please do not read this. I apologize if any details are portrayed incorrectly, and this story is not meant to hurt or offend anyone.

Requested by: sanata101

You lived in the never-ending nightmare, one that you dreaded seeing every night when you closed your eyes. You'd be in an abyss, nothing in sight for what seems like miles. However, all of a sudden there was a small movement. Then, a figure would walk up to you, a monster made of a black goo-like substance. Their body seemed to glisten slightly, despite the lack of visible light. The creature would suddenly have a face, then a jacket, and it would end with you falling. Something in the abyss would open up under you and you'd fall to what you assumed to be your death. The only thing you were able to see above you was the monsters smile. It almost was glowing brighter and brighter as you fell further and further.

You first thought it was nothing, maybe just a night terror. The exact same thing would happen for a week, then you got bored of it having had the same exact events occur every night. Right when you got bored was when it changed. After that, every night it was different. It followed similar events with the goo-monster, but it was a new fearful experience each night.

It eventually grew on you physically. You looked very obviously sleep deprived from waking up at early hours of the morning regularly. There were bags under your eyes, your skin was pale, you drank a lot more coffee, and always felt tired. You would sometimes not sleep for days at a time, only finally doing so when you practically passed out from exhaustion. Then you would have the nightmare again, and the cycle would repeat.

Sometime when it had started you went to a doctor for medication, thinking it would help fix it. That night in the nightmare was the first time you heard the creatures voice. It wasn't as dark as normal, but the creature was there. It appeared more visible than before clearly. The thing strangled you and yelled, "Why are you trying to get rid of me!" Once it dropped you, you woke up in your bed. There were marks on your neck from beibg strangled, and you hadn't taken the pills since.

"I don't want to live like this anymore!" You sobbed, feeling and looking hell once again from not having any sleep.

Looking around the room, your eyes landed on a knife. It was a standard kitchen knife, but there was quite a lot you ended up doing to yourself with that kitchen knife. It might've been the extreme lack of sleep you'd been experiencing, or the want to get rid of the pain that you felt that made you do it. But, you decorated your arms with scars, and thought of a crazy stupid idea for what to do in your next nightmare.

θ θ θ

You willingly drifted off to sleep that night, hoping that this plan would elicit some response. The nightmare quickly began, you were in a dark abyss, and stared at the place where the creature regularly would appeared. It hadn't arrived, but you tried to moving your dream body to step forward. It worked, as you effortlessly walked straight ahead and offered your hand out.

"Hello, I'm (Name)." You said while trying to keep all the shaking out of your voice.

The eyes of the thing appeared, but not the menacing smile. A black gooey hand reached out and shook your hand. It didn't seem to leave anything on yours, but the texture of the things hand was quite odd to say the least,