20 || Sans x Child! Reader ||

[ Edited: March 10, 2019 ]

Editor's Note: In this, the reader is about 3 or 4. Clearly this will be more fluff than romance.

Not all the humans that fall into the underground are kids, in your case you were a toddler. Your family lived close to Mt. Ebott , and you were a child that just had to chase a butterfly that was flying up a mountain. Then, without paying attention you fell down the hole at the top of the mountain. When you woke up, you were in a pile of yellow buttercups.

"Flowers!" You giggle and throw a few of them above your head. Ahead of you, you saw another light that lead to a room. You took several flowers and ran towards the room.

"Hello!" You smile. You saw a flower in the middle of the room and you ran towards it.

"You're a human aren't you?" The flower replied.

"You're a tawking fwower!" You laugh and run up to him with the flowers.

"Here's a flower Mr. Fwower!" You smile and hand him one.

"I'm Flowey, Flowey the flower. What's your name?" He asks.

"I'm (Y/N)! It's nice to meet you Mr. Fwowey!" You smile.

"Obviously, you're new to the underground. If you want to continue in the underground you'll need to know a few things!" He said. Suddenly everything around you was black and white and a glowing (Color) heart floated infront of you.

"It's gwowing!" You say and clap as it floated towards the box infront of you and Flowey.

"This is you soul the very culmination of your being." Flowey said.

Flowey continued saying stuff while you just repeated what he had said, "Cul- me-na-shon? What does that mean?"

Suddenly a white pellet thing flew towards you, and you let it hit you. You screamed and you fell backwards.

"You idiot. In this world, it's kill or be killed." Flowey laughed as a bunch more pellets started surrounding you.

You started crying as they got closer to you, "You're mwean!"

Suddenly everything disappeared and the flower was knocked away from infront of you. You continue to cry until a goat lady approached you.

"A young child! Sweetheart, how old are you?" She asked and picked you up.

You continued crying, "Owie!"

"Don't worry, child. I will heal you." She said and suddenly you felt better.

"Are you alright now?" She asked. You nodded and wiped your eyes.

"I'm th-this many!" You say and hold up three fingers. Toriel smiles and continues to carry you through the Ruins, back to her house.

θ θ θ

Despite how much Toriel wanted to protect you, she knew you'd slip away one day. You were still a curious toddler, and she couldn't ever fight you. You'd always been curious about the stairs, so tonight when you woke up in the middle of the night you couldn't help but go down the stairs to see what was down there. You walked all the way down to the end and saw a door. It was very big, but there was a small opening. It was enough for you to get through and then run through that door.

You shivered as a cold rush of breeze hit you. "Snow!" You cheered.

You smiled and ran towards some snow and kicked it. You watched fly into the air and slowly flutter back to the ground. There was a loud sound behind you that startled you. You turn around towards the big purple door, it seemed more closed than before. You tugged on the door, but it didn't open. Knocking on the door didn't work, and you couldn't reach the door knob to open it or pull the door open.

You shivered again and decided to walk forward so you could try and find somewhere to go. You came to what you could think was a gate, but you easily slipped through it and continued walking. Suddenly, a small mouse ran past you from behind you and went forward.

" Mousie!" You smiled and chased after it.

It ran really fast and you followed it the entire way it went and you laughed and continued to run after it. You only stopped once you saw a Christmas Tree that was growing brightly. There were presents around the bottom and you smiled at the beauty of it.

"It's so pwetty!" You smile and then look to the side to see the mouse had disappeared into the snow. You felt cold again, the snow had gone through your shoes making your feet freezing.

"Maybe the mousie is this way." You thought aloud and walked towards your right. As you walked to the right there was a door that opened.

"Pap, there's no need to worry there's nothing out-" the thing at the door said.

He was taller than you, but not by much. He looked like a skeleton, but to you it seemed a bit bigger than the skeletons you've seen in stories.

"Hello Mr. Skeleton!" You smile.

"Sans, is that a human!" Another voice yelled and jumped out past the door to see you.

This one, in your opinion, looked more like a skeleton. He was much taller than the other one, and you,

"Hello Mr. Skeleton Two!" You say and smile up at him, from trying to look up at him you fell over into the snow.

"What're you doing here small human? How did you get past my trap!" He said confused.

"I need to bring you to Undyne right now!" He said and picked you up.

"Just wait until the morning, bring 'em inside for now." Sans said, feeling a bit worried. You seemed to be a young child, and clearly didn't deserve any of this.

"Perfect idea Sans! I will bring them into the human house!" He exclaimed and started walking towards the shed that was next to the house.

"Nah bro, just bring 'em inside. They look cold, right kid?" The skeleton says.

You nodded and tried to get towards the door even though Papyrus was holding you.

"C'mon kid let's go inside." Sans said and kept the door open. You clapped your hands and giggled happily.

"I am going back to bed Sans! I will see you and the human in the morning." He said as he went back upstairs after setting you down on the couch.

"Okay!" You smile and then look towards the TV that just turned on.

"Goodnight, Pap." Sans said and looked over at you.

"So kid, what's your name?" Sans asks as you stared curiously at the TV.

" I'm (Y/N), and I'm this many." You said holding up three fingers.

"That's pretty young kiddo, how'd you end up down here anyways." He asked.

"I chased a blue butterfly up the mountain, then I woke up on flowers!" You explain.

Sans chuckled at how enthusiastic you seemed, but he assumed it was probably because you really didn't know what was going. Eventually you would realize that you won't be going home soon.

"Sans, will you be my fwend! You can help me learn about what's down here! I really want to know!" You smile and look at him happily.

"Sure, kid." He replied, ruffling your hair.

"Yay, I have a skeleton friend!" You smile.

----

Soop
-The Brand-

Word Count 1220