prologue

Notes
💄this is unedited
💄hella long, 2328 words
💄its kind of cringey and basic, I admit
💄i promise the actual chapters would be better
💄just go with the flow, this is all a part of my imagination so do. not. hate.
💄youre cute

°•○●●○•°
●○•°°•○●

k i m n a m j o o n

"for example, we're enclosing a rectangular field with 500 ft of fence material and one side of the field is a building. so we have to determine dimensions that will maximize the enclosed area. maximize a = xy subject to constraint of x y = 2 500 . we'd have to solve constraint for x and plug into area. differentiate and find critical point or points. by 2nd deriv. test this is a rel max and so is the answer we're after. finally, find x. x = 500 - 2(125) = 250. The dimensions are then 250 x 125."

a/n: that was purely copy pasted lmfao i do not like mathematics

lalisa resisted the urge to rub her temples, biting her lip instead and nodding slowly.

"that... wasnt complicated at all."

namjoon chuckled, his dimples popping out quickly. lisa wanted to squish his cheeks.

"i can give you notes to make it less complicated for you. youre applying for a scholarship so you need to study and understand everything. what type youre getting again?"

"academic?" lisa shrugged. "im not athletic so thats the only way. they said ill take a test with a bunch of subjects included on it, so i do need to study a lot. if it doesnt work out, then i might apply for a musical scholarship instead."

namjoon nodded, before sighing, leaning back into his chair. they were at the dining table at bts' dorm, namjoon teaching lisa a few math topics.

"i still dont understand why you keep refusing our offer to pay for your tuition."

lisa smiled, "i just cant. i hope you understand."

"yeah," the guy breathed out, before sitting up properly and flipping the math textbook into the next page. "but until then, you cant refuse me teaching you these."

"ugh," lisa groaned. "i hate math so much. it makes me want to dig my own grave and stay there just to avoid it."

namjoon laughed, "youre cute."

lisa snorted, "i know."

k i m s e o k j i n

"have you seasoned the salmon yet?"

"yeah, here you go. better cook it right, mr. korean gordon ramsay."

jin laughed sarcastically, though he smiled genuinely afterwards. lisa and him were cooking together, and jin was so happy to finally have someone that actually knows how to cook.

"ill do the soup by the way. are you sure theyll be okay with a western type of meal tonight?"

jin nodded, "i asked them about it."