;; g

a week passes after the cooking event of jin and lisa, and during that time, the boys noticed how the two would randomly laugh with every eye contact.

hoseok looks at them with curiosity, "what is this?"

lisa looks at him and sends a puzzled look.

"i dont like this," hoseok shakes his head, "its like you two got a joke going on and i wanna be a part of it. im always part of the fun."

jin rolls his eyes and ignores him, laughing once more when he catches lisa's eye.

hoseok makes a 'huh' sound and goes back to his phone, making a mental note to ask again later.

and he does, after the show.

lisa is removing his barely even there make-up when he speaks.

"oh, that," lisa replies with a chuckle, "jin asked me to come over to your dorm last week to help him cook. we were a little too hyper, which is why some things happened that led to probably a year's worth of random laughter."

hoseok squints his eyes, "you went to our dorm?"

oh shit, lisa thinks.

"yes! but i swear jin asked me to. i didnt beg or wanted to intrude in your personal home but he said it was okay."

hoseok laughs at lisa's ramble and tells her it was nothing.

"you know what?" he starts, "how bout you keep me company, if you got nothing planned? im planning to stay a little late and do some choreos. i would love it if someone was there to watch."

lisa's eyes glows at the word choreo and hoseok noticed.

huh, he thinks.

"gladly," lisa smiles.

hoseok heads to the dance studio first, and lisa contemplates about skipping the little hang out but who is she kidding?

its dance.

lisa knocks and peeks inside, seeing hoseok already dancing to the beat of their new song. lisa notices, however, that it wasnt their actual choreo.

"is that the original one?" lisa makes her presence known, "if yes, i dont know why you switched it with the current one. thats better."

hoseok chuckles, shaking his head, "thank you, but no. i do this thing where i build a whole choreograph of our song that is totally different from what we have. it helps me see how good i can focus on the original dance when my mind knows something completely different."

hoseok gestures for her to sit down, and starts the music once more.

and boy,

lisa is in awe. it wouldn't take a genius to figure out how good of a dancer hoseok is. he was born for it, and he makes sure everybody knows. although unintentionally, because he doesn't even try hard.

lisa was just peacefully watching when she comes up with an idea.

"uhm," she speaks up, "hoseok? sir? j-hope? what do i call you again?"

the man lowers down the music's volume, "hoseok, lisa. you can call me hoseok or dance god. your choice."

lisa rolls her eyes and continues, "what if you move your left foot backwards then make the body roll and that arm movement?"

hoseok titls his head.

"may i?" honestly, lisa doesnt know why shes trying to suggest something to the dance king himself but she finds herself standing up when hoseok nods.

she, then, sings the bridge of the song and moves the way she described. and maybe even more. she didnt notice; dancing just makes time irrelevant for her.

she looks at hoseok after, and almost blushes at the look on his face.

"come on, erase that look. youre scaring me."

hoseok laughs in a heartwarming manner and lisa finds herself doing the same.

"i didnt know you could dance," he admits, "i mean, i had a feeling. but with that little second of you moving, i know youre something."

lisa tries to shake off the pride by rejecting the compliment but hoseok literally placed his hands on his hips and gave her a look. she stops.

"how about you do the rest of the song with me?"

lisa's eyes basically became the size of a mochi but damn, how can you say no to that?

her shyness left the group chat.

with the time unwanted, and the sweat very much not appreciated, the two danced as if the universe planned for every single event to happen since the start of the history just for the two to end up dancing together at that very moment.

it was glorious.

and after, as they were enjoying the comfortable silence with their backs resting on the floor, hoseok speaks up,

"you're an amazing dancer."

you know, it may be a little bit too much, but lisa almost cried right then and there.

she loved to dance. it was her escape. her sanctuary. it was something she wanted so badly, but due to the lack of confidence and opportunities, she never got into it as much as she wanted to.

so excuse her emotions. she has a free pass to react in the most dramatic way possible.

"i just felt like you needed to know," he continues, "the best dancers often dont know that they are the ones who can change the world just by creating a feeling through their movements. and you are of them."

that's poetic, lisa thinks.

she turns to looks at him then, feeling some sort of movement on her stomach.

"one of you guys." she adds.

hoseok smiles, his eyes still glued to the ceiling.

"dancing was my only certainty in a world full of hesitations. i almost gave up so many times," he says, "even after debut. i never felt like i was good enough. i never thought that i was someone special.

and thats when i realized something. well, it took me a few years," hoseok chuckles, "but thinking that i wasnt special made me one in a way. it just means that i will never be satisfied in my work, which some people may take as negative but i take it as a trait that means i will always push myself to do better. try something new, learn some more."

then, he turns to look back at her, "and if you, miss make-up, is looking for a sign to continue dancing despite the barricades of life,

this is it."

lisa laughs. she didnt do so because something was funny.

she was just happy.

the sign may be a few years late. it may have been absent during the break downs and the tears. it may have been so dedicated to its schedule to show at the right time that lisa thought it was non-existent and the no sign was the sign but hey,

she wouldn't really have it any other way now.

___

i feel like my work is getting simpler by the minute but hello, u r so very cute

btw, dont worry bbs, there are  chapters dedicated to lisa bonding with each member ;))