;; e

"no, somin. its okay."

lisa says, but she knows it will just enter and exit through her friend's ears and completely miss the turn towards her brain and comprehension.

"thats such a dumb move. and thats not like them at all."

lisa scoffs, still bitter and hurt and embarrassed.

"im sorry about what happened lis," somin mutters sadly, "i know how much those things meant to you."

lisa just smiles, not wanting to make a bigger deal out of it.

its over. it happened. i should just accept it, there's nothing i can do anyway.

the whole week passes by like a blink of an eye, and suddenly, its nightime again.

the girl is scrolling on instagram when a call suddenly pops up on her screen, and she squeals, literally, in excitement.

"ma! hi! i missed you so much."

her mom smiles fondly at her, and lisa feels all her troubles fading away.

lisa's family is not poor, but they dont exactly have the nicest life as well.

lisa came to korea with her family when she was 10. her father was a chef at the country, and they went with him to be together. however, due to unfortunate circumstances, lisa's mom and sister had to go back to Thailand and lisa stayed with her father until she became a citizen, and never got the chance to go back.

they never ran out of food on their tables nor had to knock on relatives' doors for a huge amount of money. it was exact. too exact.

thats why lisa dropped out, because she wants to give them a better life. she wants to buy a better house, designer items they can flaunt in the streets and all that. instead of spending the money for college, she wanted to save it instead for their house.

her dad moved to a restaurant in hong kong, leaving her with somin whom she was friends with ever since she moved there.

the following day, lisa wakes up to the series of loud, annoying knocks to her door.

she gets a knife and heads towards the noise.

she spares a look at the hole and just opens it quickly, before a swarm of bodies enter her place.

lisa blinks.

"i am holding a knife,

did you not see the knife."

lisa turns towards the crowd and she takes a second before pointing the knife at them.

self, you gotta say fuck. i dont know why. but you gotta. fuck fuck fuck fuck

"and for what fuckery did you come to my place for? another fucking prank?"

okay, that was a little too much.

the boys are catching their breath and even has the audacity to sit on her couch. one, yoongi, and she knows the name as she read about them last night and knows common information about them now, even went to the fridge and took a glass of water.

"you guys just," she shook her head, "wow. hello, i am lisa and this is my place."

"good morning," namjoon says, out of breath. "sorry for the trouble."

lisa lifts the knife up and namjoon backs away.

"can you not do that?" jimin perks up, looking nervous.

lisa becomes the living representation of the '?????' and stares at them with disbelief.

"what are you doing here?"

jin stands up and walks towards her, before handing her a paperbag.

"okay, wait!" jin raises a finger before lisa can even blink, "before you say anything, let us explain."

"inside the bag are the same products that we, uh, you know," hoseok scratches his head, "and we are all very much aware that it does not hold the same value, not even close. but we still wanted to do something."

taehyung coughs, "we all worked several jobs, at uh, our company. and i know it doesnt come close to the trouble you went through but hey, we tried?"

"just look at it as products that seven very priveleged boys had to work for," yoongi pipes up, "that shall do the trick.

I worked as a coffeeboy for the coffee people, by the way.  jungkook had to sort out paperworks along with taehyung. jin and jimin had to cook for the whole staff while namjoon and hoseok cleaned all around."

taehyung clears his throat,"they arent the hardest jobs but at least we tried?"

lisa stays silent for about a second or two before laughing uncontrollably.

jungkook looks at the other guys, "that is so rude."

they nodded their heads in agreement.

"im sorry," lisa squeaks, "im sorry but i just find it really funny.

but thank you. thank you so much. i honestly didnt expect anything. thank you, it may not be the same, but at least you tried."

and as if on cue, mister lee enters like oliver queen reborn.

"now, miss manoban," he says, "can you come back to our company now?"

lisa laughs again, but stops when she realizes its no joke.

"oh. oh youre serious."

lisa feels puzzled, "why are you so desperate for a make-up girl? the boys don't even need that much. in fact, they can go on stage with just lip balm."

mister lee chuckles, which contrasted his serious aura, "the make-up artists doesnt just do make-up. its an unspoken thing, but they usually end up as assistants as well. that's why your salary is so big."

oh, lisa thought, that explains that.

"ill take it."

mister lee sighs in relief, and lisa noticed how the boys looked offended with it.

"what can i lose?" lisa smiles, feeling good about the boys for once.