;; k

lisa, to put simply, is confused.

however, to put things truthfully, she is lowkey offended.

as someone's--possibly a rich ass creep who bought cheating hacks, lisa thought,--kart passed her's, lisa sits up and removes her leg from the arm chair to channel her serious, what the fuck is this stance that she reserves for her gaming activities.

still, she placed 2nd.

she must've been gaping at the screen because somin snatches her controller and hits her head.

"what was that for?!"

somin scoffs, "you weren't listening to me! i was talking about something so important."

"well, i am now. what is it?"

somin's serious face quickly transforms to an excited one, and she hands lisa a tote bag full of books and papers.

"i am not doing your homework," lisa deadpans.

somin rolls her eyes, "you didn't even do your own back then, why would i expect that?

anyway, i know someone who could get you a scholarship. a full ride, lalice! you just need to pass the exam soon, there's no date yet, but i really think you can do it."

lisa frowns, "i doubt i can focus on this though. bangtan's schedule is packed starting next week."

"just try, please. i know how much you want to go back to school."

lisa stays silent for a while, before sending a grateful smile to her friend.

"fine. but only because you asked nicely."

somin knees the bottom of the bag, which sent the books inside to go up and hit lisa on the chin.

a few days after that, lisa is chilling on one of the lounge rooms of bighit. they just got back from a performance, and lisa decided to stay at the building in case she was suddenly needed.

she doesn't want a replay of the day when she went home after an event and got into the shower, just for her to get urgently called back into the building.

everyone thought that lisa's socks were purposely unmatched. she didn't object.

so now, she is reading through a book of scientific and biological information while sitting down on a comfortable puffed chair.

"i will not be a doctor. why the heck do i have to know which vein is which?" lisa mutters irritatingly.

"so you won't have to look inside your own body to see what's inside."

lisa's head quickly snaps to the direction of the voice, and saw namjoon looking at her with an amused smile.

"right now that actually sounds more bearable."

the man laughs, and plops down on the chair next to her.

"why are you studying? upcoming exams?"

lisa shakes her head, "no, there's this scholarship thing that my friend hooked me up with. it's a chance to actually go to college and lessen the events in which I would need to google for answers."

namjoon snorts, "well don't you sound happy."

lisa laughs, "i just feel bitter about my situation."

"why don't you pay for your own? is the salary too low?"

lisa chuckles, "no, but it's being put to better use with my family."

namjoon's eyes widens, "that's very kind of you. if you want, i can help you study. i do miss the feeling of going to school, so i think this can help us both."

lisa looks at him incredulously, "what is there to miss?"

the man rolls his eyes, "don't give me that attitude. school can be fun, there's no shame in admitting it."

lisa fakes realization and places a hand over her heart, "ah, yes. the joys of broken toilets and stepping on bubblegums. there's also the heartwarming bullies whose words can compete with the sharpest knives and the unending journey of finding the value of X."

namjoon pulled her hair lightly, laughing.

"hey, its not my fault that your school is garbage."

lisa makes a mocking face at him, to which namjoon kicks her chair in return.

"come on, I'll guide you with this. where are you anyway?"

an hour or so passes with namjoon's explanation of the scientific world while lisa doodles on a piece of paper. she nods every now and then and repeats a sentence to act like she is listening when in reality, she found the invention of art to be more fascinating.

"and now-- hey, are you even listening to me?"

lisa looks at the man cooly and nods, but the look on his face made it clear that he did not buy it.

lisa sighs, and shows him the drawing that got her distracted.

"but i drew you! just look at this art! isn't it beautiful enough to make you praise me until your next life?"

lisa thought that the man would still be annoyed, but the moment wherein his eyes landed on the paper, his features softened and his eyes glinted with something that lisa did not recognize.

namjoon suddenly takes it from her hand and folds it carefully, putting it on his jean pocket.

"fine, you're excused with the help of my beautiful face. but this can't happen anymore if you really want this scholarship."

lisa nods eagerly in acknowledgement.

"whenever we have free time, we can study together. i do find it fun-- and no, dont give me that face. learning is not lame."

lisa laughs and stands up, "of course it's not!"

then, both their phones vibrate with a notification. they are called for the preparation of a shoot. they walk together in comfortable silence until,

"hey, can you do me a favor?"

"I'll have to check my packed schedule first but what is it?"

namjoon whispers something to lisa, and the girl laughs in delight with the idea that she just heard.