Chapter 45

They sat in silence, Lena still in her wheelchair and Kara sitting on Lena's sleek sofa, all she wanted to do was wrap Lena up in her strong embrace and never ever let her go, it was killing her not even be able to touch her. 

"Do you want anything to drink or eat?" Kara asked politely trying to end the awkward silence that was quickly taking over the room.  Lena looked up in the direction of the small, scared voice, nodding slowly answering the question, still not comfortable being around, who was a stranger to her. 

"A glass of red wine would be nice" Lena said in a hoarse voice her throat still soar from her ordeal, she couldn't tell you how many hours she had screamed for, nights and nights on end. Kara stood up, the sofa creaking slightly at the shift in weight. She walked over to where she remembered the booze being and pulled a bottle of vintage red out of a small oak cupboard, uncorking it slowly, careful not to break the delicate glass bottle in her string hands, pouring a generous glass of wine, hoping that this may help to lighten the mood Kara handed the glass out to Lena's outstretched hand before sitting herself back down on the sofa. "Thank you" Lena said taking a sip from the cold glass, Kara nodded before mentally shouting to herself, what the hell was she doing, Lena couldn't see the gestures she was making, 'god Kara open your mouth you idiot!' 

"You're welcome" Kara said quietly still cursing at herself in her head, the room returned to its uncomfortable silence, until suddenly there was a knock at the door, "I'll get it" Kara said quickly springing to her feat, walking swiftly to the door, opening it to see to her surprise that Alex was standing on the other side. "Alex. what are you doing here?" Kara asked happy for the break she was getting from Lena, or what was left of her. 

"Winn gave me this for you" Alex said handing Kara a super suit identical to the one she was wearing, Kara looked up furrowing her eyebrows at her sister. "It's made with material to counteract the Kryptonite to allow you to be in close contact with Lena without being affected" Alex explained, "Anyway good luck! Remember what I said, give her time Kara" and with that Alex left. Kara shut the apartment door before using her super speed to change into the new and updated super suit, tossing her old one into a corner of the kitchen, before walking back over towards Lena. 

"Who was it?" Lena asked curiously, turning towards where she heard Kara's feet walking across the hard wooded floors towards her, Kara smiled as she felt her self becoming stringer every second a sign that the suit was working, making her immune from the Kryptonite still in Lena's system. 

"My sister Alex, she was just dropping something of for me" Kara said, Lena nodded distantly. Lena automatically went to rest the glass of wine on her lap but completely misjudged her distances, spilling the practically full glass of red wine all over one of her white tops, soaking her through to the skin. 

"Oh! Fuck, wank, bugger, shitting, arse, head and hole!" Lena cursed out as the empty glass fell onto the wooden floor smashing into smithereens. Kara ran over to the flustered woman, checking her hand for cuts with her x-ray vision, it looked like the only thing that got seriously injured was that white top.   

"Lena! are you okay" Kara asked kneeling beside the wheelchair, eyes wide in fright in case something more serious that clumsiness had come over her. Lena nodded, obviously a little shaken up or embarrassed, one of the two. "Come on I'll help you get that stained top off" Kara said, moving towards Lena, who imminently batted her away like an annoyed cat. 

"Don't touch me, I'm not an invalid I can undress myself!" Lena said in a raised voice, Kara shrank back, not expecting her to fight her off the way she did. 

"I was just trying to help you" Kara said in a timid voice, sensing that her presence just seemed to be upsetting Lena more and more by the minute. 

"I told you that I don't need your help, I know that we used to be involved but this is all new to me Kara, you're a stranger to me, you have to understand that and back of please I'm begging you!" Lena said her sightless eyes bouncing around the room, unable to meet Kara's blue ones. 

"I'm sorry" Kara said taking a few steps back from the wheelchair that a drenched Lena was still sitting in. "At least let me take you to the bathroom" Kara said, not wanting Lena to injure herself more through her stubborn streak which seemed to be even worse after her ordeal. 

"Kara what did I just say?" Lena growled, standing up from the wheelchair, Kara folded her arms watching Lena try to feel around for a wall to guide herself through the apartment, but she couldn't reach any from where she was standing.  "Fine, help me to the bathroom" Lena said, sitting back down in the wheelchair, defeated. Kara obliged happily pushing the wheelchair down the hall and into the bathroom. "Thank you" Lena said lowly obviously not enjoying the fact that she had virtually no independence at this moment in time. 

"I'll wait outside the door just in case" Kara said before waking out of the bathroom shutting the door behind her so Lena could have her privacy, that she so desperately craved. A few moments later Kara heard a loud crash from inside the bathroom, she darted inside, heart beating out her chest ready to kill anyone else in the bathroom with Lena. 

"Lena!" 

Authors Note

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for all the votes, comments and reads it means a lot