•X•

It was lunch time and Taylor called me into the room where the decathlon meets. The rest of the team was there and they made me sit in a chair in front of a computer. "From lowly Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon," Taylor started to say as a video of an ape progressed into a man played. "to early warriors, medieval knights, all leading up to lunkheads basketball man."

One of the guys whipped out a poster, unrolling it as it displayed a basketball player and the head of Troy replacing the original head. It was badly placed, if I'm being honest. I smiled at it, out of humor, and maybe out of liking the person in the picture. "Yes, our culture worshipped the aggressor throughout the ages, and we end up with spoiled, overpaid bonehead athletes." Taylor continued to say. If basketball players were displayed as aggressive, then Taylor would definitely be one of them right now. "Who contribute little to civilization other than slam dunks and touchdowns." Her hand pointing towards Troy as she said "touchdown." I'm not a total sport fan, but Taylor. Wrong sport. "This is the inevitable world of Troy Bolton." I sighed with a smile still on my face, not believing a word that she said.

She degraded him as if it was nothing and she just didn't understand. "But the path of the mind, the path that were on," Taylor continued as the guy that was holding the poster put it up on the board. "ours is the path that has brought us these people: Eleanor Roosevelt, Frida Kahlo, Sandra Day O'Connor." Taylor listed as pictures of those amazing women appeared on the screen. "Madame Curie, Jane Goodall, Oprah Winfrey, and so many others the world reveres."

"Uh, but, what is.." I tried to say to get me out of this. "I've got Kelsi waiting for me to rehearse." I pointed out the door where I should be.

The team rolled their eyes at me, "Felicity!" Taylor exclaimed. I sank back down in my seat, waiting to hear more of what she was saying. "Troy Bolton represents one side of evolution. And our side, the side of education and accomplishment," she slapped her teacher stuck thingy on the board as she said those words. "is the future of civilization!" she yelled as if it was the most important thing in the world and I wasn't understanding it. "This is the side where you belong." She nodded her head viciously, looking at the members around her as they got closer to Taylor. They all looked at me as if they were holding a strong front that wanted to blow me away.

I didn't like the way she was talking to me. She acted like she knew what was best for me when she clearly didn't. Hell, this is the first year that she actually talked to me since eleven years! And she thinks that she was waltz into my life and give me a lesson on how I should live it? No.

"You don't get to say that to me." I told her, "You can't just come into my life and give me advice on how it should be done." I defended myself, giving them all glares and an "are you kidding me" look.

But something caught my eye and caused me to look away from them. The screen left the picture of Oprah and now showed Troy. "She's just someone I met." He said. My defense face slowly wearing away as I listened to his words. "All right, the singing thing is nothing. A way to keep my nerves down. It means nothing to me. You're my guys and this is our team. Felicity is not important." I scrunched my face at his words, shocked that he was saying stuff like that. "I'll forget about her, forget about the audition for and we'll get that championship." My eyes started to water as he basically started to say that he didn't care about me anymore. "Everyone happy now?"

"Behold lunkhead basketball man." Taylor said to me as a tear fell down my face. "So, Felicity, we'd love to have you for the scholastic decathlon." The screen went back to the ape becoming the man as the rest of the team left besides Taylor. "Did you wanna grab some lunch?" Taylor spoke now with a more concerned voice. I shook my head afraid that if I spoke my words would crack. "Well, we'll be there is you wanna come." I gave her a nod and smile forming on my face to reassure her.