•XI•

It was the day after I semi-kissed Troy. I got so school with a smile on my face, all giddy inside. Until I was stopped in my tracks by a girl. Gabriella Montez.

"Hey Felicity." She said to me as we now walked side my side down the hall.

"Hey Gabriella." I responded. Looking down, feeling an awkward tension between us.

"So, congratulations on the callbacks." She told me giving me a smile.

"Thanks." I told her returning the same expression.

"So you and Troy?"

I tried to hid a smile that just seemed to form on my face whenever his name was said. "Yeah, we're doing the callbacks together."

"You k ow I didn't mean it in that way. Do you like him?"

"Um," I dragged on, not knowing if I should tell her, hell I didn't even tell my sister or my brother for that matter.

"Well, I sort of like him."

"You do?"

"Yeah, but it's starting to wear off since he's been hanging out you a lot. We sang a song together over winter break. At this resort, it was a spotlight picking. And I felt like something clicked between us." She gave me that "little girl smile on Christmas Day"

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Gabriella, I'm sorry, but I think me and Troy are kind of in a thing. So-"

"Oh, don't worry. I understand. But if you're in a thing does that mean that he's still fair game?"

"Well, Gabriella-"

"Shoot." She said as the bell started to ring. "I gotta get to class. Bye Felicity."

Ok then. That just happened.

+ + + +

"No problem at all. It was crazy man." Chad said to one of his basketball ball teammates as we all walked into the school. As in we all I meant Troy, Chad, his teammates, Gabriella, Taylor, and me. And yes, me and Chad were forced to make up by Troy and turns out that Chad isn't that bad. And I also had to manage being with Gabriella. My opinions on her haven't changed one bit.

I saw Kelsi standing in front of the pole that had the callbacks poster on it. She looked shocked. Troy rushed up to see what happened and only to find a strip of paper covering the original poster. It read "Callbacks auditions rescheduled to Friday beginning at 3:30 pm." Well were screwed.

"Callbacks the same time as the game?" Troy asked him self as he read the sign.

"And the scholastic decathlon." I added.

"Why would they do that?" Taylor said immediately after me, looking around to all of us trying to find an answer.

"I smell rat name Darbus." Chad spit out with attitude. Now I'm just starting to like him more and more.

"I think it's two rats, neither of them named Darbus." Kelsi told the group. I immediately knew what she was talking about or who she was talking about.