35

The next day, I had gone home for a couple hours to upload my videos and talk to a few fans on Twitter. After all that, I got dressed for my date with Simon. I didn't really know what we were, but we were definitely something.

"This will do," I sigh as I examine my outfit. A black tee with dark wash jeans and dark green yeezys.

As the doorbell rang I peeked outside one more time, making sure everything was in place.

"Hello again, Simon," I grin as I greet at my door.

"Hi, Joshua," he replies, returning the warm smile.

He was dressed in a casual tux, my heartbeat racing in my chest, throat, stomach, and hands. The smirk on his face told me he knew I was checking him out, so I just laughed and turned around to hide my embarrassment. And to lead him to my setup.

Simon gasped as he saw the plaid blanket laid out on the grass with candles flickering next to it. The only light we had were that and some white string lights that I hung everywhere I could hook them. It was more romantic in person.

"Joshua!" Simon exclaimed as he embraced me, thanking me for such a beautiful night.

"It hasn't even started yet," I chuckle as we part.

"Right," he smiles, "but it's still beautiful."

"Like you," I reply with a cheesy smile. He rolls his eyes but a grin danced on his mouth, his cheeks fading to a pinkish shade. "What'd you bring anyway?" I ask as I sit on the blanket. Simon sits in front of me, placing his plastic bag between us.

He smiles as he presents two platters of spaghetti, a small box of garlic bread, and a shaker filled with parmesan.

"You and your cheese," I tease as I examine the contents of the shaker.

"Go fuck yourself," Simon chuckles as he swipes it away from me.

++++

"Like I said, thank you for an amazingly perfect night," Simon says after I finish cleaning our takeout mess. "I'll be outside," he announces, walking back out to the blanket and candles.

I sigh, brush my hands on my jeans, and join him. He smiled at me as I sat beside him this time, reaching for my hand as I crossed my legs. "You're such a child, Joshua," he teases, squeezing my hand.

"You're sitting cross cross applesauce too!" I exclaim as I point to his legs, which are entangled like mine. Simon rolls his eyes again, still unable to suppress a smile.

I caught him staring at me, soaking in all the details of my face and how I sat. I began to feel very self conscious, and scrambled under his gaze.

"You look very handsome tonight, Joshua," Simon says, tearing his eyes away from my side profile.

"I do?" I scoff. "You're the one wearing a bloody tuxedo."

"I felt it was a special occasion," he smirks as he stares at the sunset. Now it was my turn to look him over.

"You look even more handsome than I do tonight, Simon," I reply.

"Thank you, Josh," he responds with a low tone.

We sat there for a good fifteen minutes, taking turns to glance at each other but never actually meeting eye to eye; gripping each other's hands tighter than before and releasing.

My mind wandered the whole time. It pondered on a question for most of it though.

"Simon Edward Minter..." I'd start.

"Joshua," he'd return with a daring look.

"I've wanted to ask you this for a long time."

"Go on."

"You're so casual," I'd chuckle.

"Like your question is gonna be anything important." I'd feel my heart drop. "Unless.. it is."

"Just because I asked you how many jellybeans you thought were in that jar at the candy shop," I'd giggle.

"It was cute nonetheless!" he'd exclaim. "What's the question, Joshua?"

I'd take a deep breath, inhaling until I turned purple and exhaling until I turned pale. My hands would start to shake, as they always did when I'm nervous. Disgusting as it is yet completely normal, my armpits and forehead would begin sweating. My palms would even feel clammy.

"Simon..." I stopped, catching the breath I had already lost. "Would you do me the honors..." Come on, Josh, just a few more words and hopefully the answer you want and you're home free. "Of being my boyfriend?"

I'd scan over his face, looking for any signs of the rejection I was about to be struck with. Instead, I'd find a bright smile and a sparkle in his eyes as he says yes, attacking me with a hug.

But I didn't feel I was dressed in the appropriate attire for such a huge matter of business so I kept my thoughts to myself and kept exchanging smiles.