Chapter Four: Forgiveness for the damned.

Later that day

"What time are we all meant to be going to Ryan's for?" Asked Lauren, perching herself on a tall stone wall. I thought for a moment, attempting to recollect, but to no avail. I flicked out my phone and searched through my messages.

"Says here he wants us there for eight."

"What time is it now?"

"Thirteen minutes past eight."

"Excellent. Shall we go then?" Laughed Lauren, dropping gracefully down to the floor. We turned and headed for the bus station, which was fortunately not far away. By twenty four minutes past eight, we were on the way to Ryan's house.

"So Daniel has been giving you shit about Anna?" Lauren questioned as I sent an apologetic message to Ryan.

"Well, yeah. I know he means well, but I just wish he could give it a rest and let whatever is going to happen, happen." I said, scratching my neck. For some reason I felt fairly tense talking about the subject, perhaps because I hated arguing with Daniel. Lauren noticed my expression and seemed to read my mind, something not uncommon between us.

"He'll be at Ryan's you know. Just go over and talk to him, you know he never holds a grudge." She said, stroking my arm and smiling warmly at me. She never ceased to make me smile, whether it was in words or in actions. She was the first girl I had ever felt so strongly about, and her beauty to me was the perfect muse. Of course, she had never felt the same way, but we were still incredibly close as friends.

"Yeah, I guess he doesn't. Still, I feel guilty for snapping at him so much." I admitted, before throwing on a quick smile as not to dampen the mood.

"We're nearly there I think, what time is it?" She asked, standing up and walking towards the front of the bus. Her long, slender legs looked amazing from below her dress, and I couldn't help but stare for a second.

"It's quarter to nine. He's going to be pissed off, isn't he?" I checked my phone once again; no new messages.

He definitely seemed pissed off.

We practically sprinted down the street after getting off the bus, feeling the warm summer air beating against us. I could see his house a few yards away, and was glad to notice that the lights were still on and that there was music beating loudly from an open window.

"Mustn't have left yet." Lauren said as we came to the door. I hammered loudly against it, and within seconds a tall male figure emerged. He had a strong, fairly muscular build, with jet black hair and mystifying light green eyes.

"Sorry we're late, got sidetracked in HMV." Lauren said. The figure laughed deeply.

"I'm not surprised in the slightest, come in, we're meeting at half nine instead, and Anna is with them so you'll have to wait to see her." Ryan said. I stepped in the door and patted him on the shoulder.

"Got any drinks?" I asked, looking around. The living room had been converted into a makeshift dance floor, though a few people had chosen to sit and talk on the two large, leather sofas.

"Yeah, in the kitchen mate, help yourself." He replied, smiling and wandering off to join the party. I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Fosters from the table, before following him into the living room. I instantly spotted Daniel; his short blonde hair had been spiked up slightly, and thick muscles could be seen protruding from his shirt. He was a rugby player, so typically he had a quite bold form. A girl who I recognised to be Lucy made to speak to me, but I ignored her, making my way over to Daniel. His expression dropped slightly as I arrived.

"Sorry for being a prick the other day. What I said was over the line, and I didn't mean it." I confessed, looking guilty. The way he stared me out made me feel two inches tall, but I didn't leave.

"I know, it's fine. Apology accepted." He said, after a long silence.

"So we're good?" I asked, slightly more cheerfully.

"Not yet." He said, moving closer in. I knew what was coming.

"Fine, do your worst." I said, sounding slightly apprehensive.

Before I knew it, a large fist was driving itself into my jaw. Had I not expected it, I would have been took off my feet, but instead I simply stumbled backwards. The pain was sharp and short, only lasting a few seconds before dissipating.

"Now we're good." He said, unclenching his hand and slapping me gently on the arm. I returned the gesture, before downing my drink and sitting down with him and some of his rugby squad. Across the room, Lauren smiled lightly, obviously having witnessed the events. I smiled back, miming the words "Thank you."

She is one of the few things i'm thankful for now.