Chapter Eleven: A lovers touch.

February 1st

Lauren's house was alive with the sound of laughter that night. After the brawl, we were keen to get away from the area and to relax.

"How do I look?" Asked a silky soft voice that could only belong to one girl. I turned, Lauren appearing by my side as I did so. She wore an elegant black dress which perfectly presented her alluring figure. The bruises and cuts which her face had received had receded almost completely as the day had passed, to the extent where it seemed she hadn't been damaged at all.

"Jaw-droppingly beautiful, as always." I replied, prompting Lauren to smile magnificently. As I admired her, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My battered and bloody reflection glowered back at me, reminding me that while others had spent the day disguising their wounds and preparing for the house party, I had become obsessed with trying to figure out how one person could possibly coordinate such a well executed attack and had only gone as far as to get changed. My left eye was slightly bruised, and my face was cut in several different places. I also noticed my arm was heavily bruised and swollen from blocking against weapons during the fight.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked, looking slightly worried.

"Yeah, just feeling a little rough I guess." I said, stretching and cracking my fingers.

"Why not go take a shower? You'd feel a lot better." She suggested. I nodded and smiled, leaning in and kissing her on the forehead.

"Go enjoy yourself, I'll see you soon." I told her, squeezing her arm gently. Dashing upstairs and into the bathroom, I locked the door and hammered the button, causing the shower head to instantly begin blasting out water.

Twenty minutes later, I emerged from the shower feeling soothed and considerably happier. I grabbed a towel from a nearby rack, shielding myself from the cold night air which seeped in through the open window. I dried off quickly and got dressed, flattening my hair in the hope it would be at least somewhat decent when it dried. Re-entering the party, I spotted Sam and Daniel talking to a small group of people whom I didn't recognise. It was no surprise to see them standing incredibly close to each other and constantly looking at one another; there had always been a blatant attraction between them, but they refused to admit it. I laughed lightly to myself, and searched around for Lauren. She didn't seem to be anywhere near, but I decided to stop my search when Joe made his way over. He was similar in stature to Daniel, albeit not as muscular and definitely not as threatening.

"Alright mate?" He asked, finishing his drink and dropping it lightly onto the nearest table.

"Yeah, I'm fine now, you? And thanks for the help today, I appreciate it." I replied. He smiled and punched me on the arm.

"No problem. I don't understand how she could have managed to pull something like that off and still not even get caught." He said, looking confused and slightly annoyed.

"I have no idea. I'd have told the police it was her, but the minute authorities get involved is the minute she sends people to kill me, so I think it's best I sort this out myself." I said grimly.

We chatted for another ten minutes or so before Joe left to get a drink, and I resumed my search for Lauren. Noticing a faint light coming from the hallway upstairs, I made my way through the crowd and towards the source of the light. As expected, it was coming from Lauren's bedroom. Creeping in quietly, I took a second or two to to gaze at her perfect body before walking over and wrapping my arms around her slender waist and resting my chin on her shoulder. For a minute there was silence, until she turned her body to face me. Even in the pale lamplight, her beauty still managed to shine out incandescently, so much so that I could have stood and stared at her for hours had it stayed silent.

"I forgot to tell you how amazing it was, you fighting for me today." She said softly, brushing a hand through my hair before placing it on the back of my neck.

"Nobody hurts you and gets away with it." I replied, squeezing her side slightly. She chuckled, before kissing me fervidly. I relished the feel of her supple lips on mine, until we came to a natural stop.

"You don't know how glad I am to have you. I love you so much." I told whispered to her. She smiled back at me.

"I love you too, Alex." She replied, moving her hands down my body and smiling mischievously. I smiled back and kissed her, letting my hands slide up her smooth legs and under her dress. Stretching an arm out, she closed the door and pulled me in closer, her lustrous blonde hair brushing against my neck and making me shiver.

"Lauren?" I asked softly as she removed my shirt, her hands warm on my bare skin.

"Yes Alex?" She asked, her sensuous voice titillating me to no end.

"You're such a tease."