Te Perdono Mi Amor

En toda mi vida nunca habìa pensado que te conociera en mi destino.

In all my life I never thought I would meet you in my destiny.

Like a Phoenix from the ashes you helped me to rise to a level of consciousness that I never knew existed, and for that, I thank you.

I thank you for being my light in the times of darkness that clouds my mind.

However, at times there is darkness that creeps in too, when I am in your presence. This darkness is something along the lines of sinister, and it comes around just to poke fun at the swans at work.

That's because you are busy staring at the show, criticizing it and being the heckler in the crowd.

That loud, annoying reminder that the show is not ready; you're sitting in on a dress rehearsal my friend, mi amor.

If I were to make you aware of the tree that is being cultivated, at the feet of those swans, by the puppet master, "I" , that controls from above... you would notice you're not even a distraction.

You, as boastful as you are, as arrogant and all knowing as you appear, pointing out all of their slip-ups and stutters are nothing more than motivation.

The HECKLER is who I need to forgive.

All this time I have been trying to figure out how and what I need to forgive you for; without viewing the duality in YOU.

It is the "heckler" that I despise, because that person drains joy from every bit of me. The worst part is, that nagging feeling I get when they appear , doesn't disappear.

Never.

Not even when the show is over and the lights are off and the heckler has gone home.

I will never forget what was said or done or spoken about in those terms, under those circumstances.

But I forgive you....

I have to. I have come to notice and detect YOUR duality and it is the essence of who you are and always have been.

I must stop carrying that on my shoulders, your insecurities, your past and your blame.  I have realized that you told me never to take anything personal, even when you blame me for being human.

When you taunt me for every mistake I make just to make the chair you occupy in the audience seem relevant.

I must forgive you for trying to find my imperfections that are inevitably going to exist. 

Without those flaws there is no me and without your heckling there is no you.

Te quiero por siempre but "I"..."we" will always hate the heckler. But how can you blame us?

I know you hate him too... or maybe you don't. Maybe you enjoy being that person takes away life; I really don't know about the battles that stay dormant within you.

All I can do is let you continue to burn through your own surface as your insides start to make themselves more evident.  Eventually, maybe the heckler is all that will be left but just know the show of life will go on with or without you.

Te perdono, I forgive you even if YOU choose to remain lost in this side of your duality.  Just know my friend, mi Amor, you will be seated in an empty theater with one last person to heckle...

Yourself!