Chapter Five

--Richie's POV--

What the fuck. Did I just tell Eddie that I'm gay? I hadn't even come to terms with my crush on him, but I was already telling him that I was gay?

That doesn't make any sense.

I ride a couple of blocks down to my house and just as I expected, neither of my parents are home. They almost never are.

I run upstairs and grab my walkie talkie. "Billy. Hey. Hi. Hello. Hey. Hi. B. I. L. L. Y. Stop sticking your wang in toasters and answer me." I say into it, hopefully connecting to Billy.

"Richie, I don't h-have time for this. I have a pr-project, remember? W-with Stan." He replies after a couple seconds.

"But this is importaaaant." I whine, kicking my legs like a toddler having a tantrum.

"I'm put-putting Stan on," Billy says before I hear rustling on the other side. Stan clears his voice. "Tozier. Shut the fuck up." Stan states in a monotone voice.

"But-"  I start.

"No buts. Go to sleep." Stan interrupts.

Fine. I get it. He's having his alone time with Billy. Ugh.

"Fine. Byeeee." I drag on, before placing the walkie talkie on the table beside my bed.

How am I supposed to sleep right now?

I roll around for a while, continuously checking the clock. Time isn't moving as fast as I hoped it would.

I need to see Eddie again.

Like, right now.

I jump up and run outside, getting back on my bike. It's kind of cold, but I'll be fine.

When I get to his house, I see that his light is on. Being myself, I start chucking pebbles at his window.

Clink.

Clank.

CLONK.

Maybe that stone was a little too big.

His window opens, and he peeks down at me.

"Richie. What the fuck."