Chapter 8

Ashley walked past Troy in the hallway which sparked this sort of anger in him. Ashley slammed his body against Troy knocking him to the floor. Troy was caught off guard but once he figured out what was going on, he did not move at all. He just let Ashley glare at him, a type of glare that could kill someone. 

"I know what you did." Ashley seethed gripping Troy's shirt and pulling him up to eye level. He had no idea he had this sort of strength in him. Ashley was just thankful that no one was in the hallway during his little "meeting" with Troy.

"I don't know what your talking about." Troy said knowing full well what Ashley was accusing him of.

"Don't play dumb with me! You are the one who cause my boyfriend Andy to kill himself. You are the reason why that sweat caring kid is six feet under. He would have been great, a star, but now he can't be anything because you killed him!" 

"You can't prove nothing." Troy laughed right in Ashley's face. 

"Watch me." Ashley said spitting in his face and dropping him to the floor. 

*

Dear Diary, 

Ashley didn't talk to me all day. He avoided me in the halls and sat on the other side of the classroom. He didn't even notice my split lip or black eye. He probably didn't care. I felt bad that I never texted him about not wanting to go on the date. I felt even worse when he sat outside my house for a half an hour only to have my mom tell him I wasn't coming out of my room. I'd be mad at me to if I was waiting like that. I just could not get myself out of bed, I had no motivation. I blew all chances of going out with Ashley. 

I sat alone in the library today not even eating the lunch that mom had packed for me. All I did was stare longingly at the table across the way watching CC and Jinxx make fools of themselves. Ashley just sat there unfazed by their antics while he pushed his food around. I could tell from over here that I had hurt him. He was upset and I'm the one who caused it. All I wanted to do was go over there apologies and invite him over for dinner tonight. The only problem was that I was to much of a pussy to go over there. So I sat there in my corner alone till the bell rang for next period. 

Music class was absolutely terrifying. I sat in my normal seat but the only difference was I was sitting next to Jake instead of Ashley. That's when I knew our friendship was over, it was gone, dead, nothing but ash and dust. I kept my head down for the most part of class till I felt a pair of eyes burning into the side of my head. I looked up briefly to find that Jake was staring me down. 

"What happened with you and Ash?" Jake said eyeing me up. I was kind of scared of him. 

"I was busy and forgot to text." I mumbled softy looking back down at my paper. 

"Bullshit. What happened to your face?" He stretched over his desk trying to get a better look. I, for some reason, looked up and gave him a full view of my messed up face.

"Nothing just drop it." 

"Damn it Andy who did this to you?" Jake spoke a little louder gaining the attention of Jinxx, CC, and Ashley. I saw those sympathetic eyes from Ashley and I just knew he figured out what happened. He was the only one that knew I was getting bullied but he had no idea that if was this physical. Yeah he saw me get punched once but I never told him about the other times. 

"Like I said it was nothing...I fell yesterday." And with that I packed up my bags and rushed out the classroom. 

When I got to my locker I sighed heavily reading the same hateful signs that were always posted on my locker. I didn't even bother ripping them down because I knew they were just going to right back there tomorrow. It was coming to a point where I just didn't care anymore. I laughed at it.

"Andy?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. Ashley. Why did it have to be Ashley. "What happened?"

"Oh you know just a daily dose of friendship." I laughed turning around to face him.

"Who did this to you?" He gently placed his hands on my face thoroughly inspecting the damage. 

"Just my best friend. It's a game called hit Andy has hard as you can until he can't feel a thing anymore." I laughed more feeling tears roll down my cheeks.

"Was it Troy? I swear to God I will hurt him if he did this to you." Ashley growled rubbing his hands up and down my arms in a comforting way. 

"What's wrong with me?" I sobbed burying my neck into his shoulder. I was nice to everyone but they were still mean. All I did was breath and they would jump on me like sharks. If I stopped breathing everything would be okay. 

"Nothings wrong with you. You are perfect the way you are." Ashley smiled a type of smile that made Satan want to smile with him. "How about we blow this Popsicle stand and retry our date? Sound good?" I nodded my head wiping the stray tears off my cheeks. 

It was the best date I had ever went on in my life. 

Sincerely, 

Andy 12/18/2015