Chapter 15 Alternate Ending

Ashley had decided to just skip for the rest of the day and go check on Andy. He had really been worrying him lately. He had no idea what was going through that boys head but he was going to find out. Whatever was bothering his boyfriend he was going to try and make it better. Ashley didn't want to see his boyfriend upset.

"Andy? I decided to come a little early today I hope you don't mind." Ashley said walking up the stairs. He didn't feel like knocking so he just let himself in. 

Ashley felt weird being at the house, the hairs on the back of his neck would stand up from time to time. It was like he wasn't suppose to be there which never happened to him before. He started to worry more when he called up the stairs a second time and received no answer from his boyfriend. It was to quiet in the house, no TV was on, the music wasn't blaring, and his boyfriend wasn't responding to him. This made Ashley drop everything in his hands and bolt up the stairs to Andy's room. He found him laying on the bed with an empty bottle of pills next to him. Ashley couldn't believe what he was seeing right now, it couldn't be real. 

"Fuck Andy what did you do!?" Ashley yelled pulling out his phone and calling 911. 

Ashley's whole world came crashing down as they rushed his boyfriend to the hospital. Andy was still clinging onto life but he was barley holding on. Ashley held his hand the whole ride there while he called Andy's mother. How was he going to explain to her that her only son just tried to commit suicide? He didn't want to hear his mother cry when he was trying not to cry as well. He had to be strong for Andy. 

Hours seemed to pass by quickly as Ashley waited for him boyfriend to wake up. If his heart monitor wasn't constantly beeping, Ashley would have thought Andy was dead. The doctor had said is he waited any longer to find him, then Andy would surely have died. 

"Fuck...where am I?" Andy choked out trying to sit up.

"Your at the hospital Andy." Ashley said pushing his boyfriend back down on the bed. "You tried to kill yourself." 

Andy looked over at Ashley with a sad expression. He looked so broken and scared, it was in that moment that he knew his boyfriend was not okay. "I'm so sorry Ashley, I didn't want you to see me like this. I told you not to come."

"But if I didn't you would have been dead. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you were gone and I could have done something about it. Why didn't you tell me that you were sad and thinking about this? We could have gotten you help." Ashley said giving Andy's hand a reassuring squeeze. 

"It would have been better for everyone if I wasn't here." Andy sighed turning his head away from Ashley's. 

"Your wrong though. Your so amazing and talented, and I know that one day your going to be something big. There are going to be people who look up you and think that your a hero. So don't count yourself out now you still have so much more life to live."

"I'm so broken Ashley...Hell I just tried to kill myself and I failed at that. There's  something wrong with me."

"We're going to get you help okay babe. Just hold on for me, everything will start to look up for the better. I promise."

                                                                            8 years later

Andy smiled as he walked off the stage wiping the sweat off his forehead. He had just played his heart out to thousands of people. He was now in a popular band called Black Veil Brides with his husband Ashley and his friends CC, Jake, and Jinxx. Andy had a few more low points in his life after high school but it seemed that everything was falling into place now. He had never thought he would have made it to this point 8 years ago, but now that it did Andy was nothing but happy. 

"Your extra happy today babe." Ashley said wrapping his arms around Andy's waist. 

"It's because I have you." He smiled more placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"CC wanted to know if you wanted to go out with us tonight?" 

"No I'm okay, I'm just going to go back to the bus and lay down for a little bit. Maybe write some music or watch a movie." 

"Did you want me to come with you so your not alone?" Ashley asked a little concerned. He was always on edge when Andy said he didn't want to hang out with his friends. After what happened in high school he tried his best to make sure Andy was always happy.

"No, No. You go have fun." Andy said. 

"Your okay though?" Ashley said searching Andy's eyes. 

"Yes love I'm alright. If I need you I promise I will call."

Ashley finally let his husband walk back to the bus alone as he went out with the band. Andy knew that Ashley was only looking out from him and his mental health. That only made Andy love his husband even more. Andy made it to the his bunk without any fans stopping him on his way. He was kind of happy since he was so tired from singing his heart out just moments ago. Andy laid on his back thinking about his life now and his past. He was happy that Ashley found him that night and told him that he was going to change the world. He was right Andy did change the world and he changed himself. He didn't want to see anyone else go through what he did when he was growing up. He made sure of it. 

Andy opened up his suitcase pulling out his beaten up diary he had when he was in high school. He hadn't written anything in it in years. He always kept it though to make sure he never turned down that dark again. Andy flipped to a blank page in the back of the book and pulled out a pen. 

Dear Diary,

Life is great 

Sincerely, 

Andy 10/19/2017