Chapter 30

"We are also going to be expanding court to make room for more people. Next question please."

"You said that dhampir will be allowed to be in relationships with each other. But what good is that if they cannot produce a child?"

"One, dhampir have always been allowed relationships with whomever they please. That has never been against the law even though they were told that it was. Also, being in a relationship is not to benefit others. You are in a relationship because of what you feel for the other person. Regardless of what some moroi think dhampir are not breeding stock or brood mares. They are just as much people as the moroi are. Secondly, we have scientists that are working on figuring out a way for two dhampir to procreate. Should that become a reality the children of two dhampir will be stronger, faster, more agile, have better sight, as well as hearing and smarter, than what the dhampir are now. Some strides have already been made so it shouldn't be long before that becomes a reality."

Cheers broke out throughout the room so loud that the entire room shook.

"But if the dhampir can reproduce together what will make them protect us?"

That questioned pissed me off. The royals are still trying to force everyone to do as they wished for them to.

"You shouldn't be looking for a way to make them protect you. You should be searching for a way to get them to want to protect you."

"How do we do that?"

"Try being nice to them for starters. Paying them what they deserve, giving them time off when they need or want it. Try encouraging them to be happy."

"Will that work?"

Dimitri and I laughed, "it is better than trying to force them to protect you. Talk to your guardians find out what they need and want. Every guardian is their own person they are not carbon copies of each other. They have feelings, wants, needs, desires and dreams, they are not emotionless robots. Find out what makes your guardian happy, what makes them tick, their hobbies, their families, the things that they care about. Things like this could encourage them to fight harder for you if the need should arise."

I saw most of the guardians around the room nodding.

"Are there any more questions?"

No one said anything so I continued.

"In that case..." I lifted my hand for Dimitri to join me at the front of the stage. When he did I began our farewell. "I... we would like to thank you all for coming out today and celebrating this happy occasion with us. Please don't forget the banquet and ball tonight. We hope that you all have a good rest of your day thank you again."

Thankfully the coronation had been held at nine a.m. so we had the rest of the day to deal with Jill and Emily. Hopefully also being able to get a little rest afterwards.

"Lissa, you and Chris, bring Jill and Emily, to our office right after this."

"Ok."

"Everyone please kneel for our new queen and king." Hans Croft ordered.

Dimitri and I walked out of the throne room hand in hand and headed straight to our office.

Once we arrived Dimitri turned to Alberta, "Guardian Petrova please dismiss the not on current shift guardians. They will need some rest before their shifts begin."

"Yes, your majesty."

"It's still Dimitri, Alberta."

She smiled, "alright Dimitri."