Chapter 20: Sweet Dreams

The chocolate curls twisted and writhed at each movement. The pregnant frame cut through the damp air, moving in time to the sound of groans and flesh striking the ground. The midnight eyes leaned in and caught Fayear launching himself from the walls, his golden fingertips emitting glowing embers toward the man below. Her Father had prepared for this, he had an iron dagger in one hand, held firmly and ready to strike at the stealthy Fayear.

She edged forward, but was pulled back. A dark glare flashed at the leather straps. A curse punctured the grunts, Fayear had been sliced across the cheek. The wrist's screamed as the flesh bubbled and sliced.

She had to help the elvenix. Emmeline closed her eyes and took in a breath reaching out for the blue liquid. Its permanent residence came through, rushing and pulsing out into her limbs. The midnight eyes turned luminescent.

Copper blood oozed from the wound in Fayear's side. He sighed with annoyance, these cuts would definitely leave permanent marks in the fabric of his flesh.

"A knife won't do much good against a nocturnal you fool," Fayear jeered, ducking under Luther's swing.

A bloom of blue swirled and collided with Luther's gut. The man doubled over but was immediately up again and moving to attack.

Fayear was now puffing, his heart and chest unable to keep up with this battle. How could a human tire him out this much?

The shadowed man did not retort instead his dark hair swished in the candles light and his deep eyes fell on the door, lips parting open.

"Assistance, the New dawn is in crisis!" He called out to those beyond the door.

Fayear felt his stomach flicker with nerves. A human was easy to terminate but his own fellow nocturnals...he was already in trouble with the laws and the biggest one was slaughtering your own brothers.

The door split from the seams emitting five nocturnals; two wizards and three elvenix's.

Fayear recognised the same wizard, his plump hand gripping a wand that pointed at his frame. He was ready to take on these five nocturnals; fingertips engorging with rapids of green and blue.

The magic caught in an onslaught within the air, an array of colours. Nocturnals vs a nocturnal.

Emmeline raised her hand, blocking her view of the battle. The pale hands clenched tight. The energy and power vacuumed into the long fingers pointing at each nocturnal. They froze like statues mid air, paused in a vulnerable state, one that Fayear could use to his advantage.

Fayear did not instead he progressed out o the basement and toward the corridor. The illuminated eyes twitched with puzzlement, what was this simpleton doing? She moved to follow him, her wrists did not quake instead a pain seared down her arm.

The midnight eyes returned and flashed toward the man hovering over her.

"Did you not think that I would make my own creation stop me, that is where you went wrong" Luther smirked, his eyes glaring down at his daughter.

Emmeline could not talk her body devoid of movement. The needle opened and released a current of copper liquid to transform her. The final solution.

A sharp pinch abruptly sounded at her flesh. The glass obliterated by the hard floors touch, and scattered in a small puddle of the solution.

"Emmeline!" Theodore's voice called out. She raised her head to take in the platinum haired man hurrying toward her. The battle had resumed but now Fayear was not alone, Jasper was already launching himself at a wizard and elvenix throwing bone hilted daggers at their scurrying bodies.