Chapter 13: A new race a new dawn

Emmeline's deep blue eyes glared at the new women before her, "Why, why are you doing this!" She exclaimed approaching Miroura.

"Because of this," Her hand splayed against stomach.

"I am not with child Miroura...I can't be," Emmeline snapped.

"You are so naive—you must wait and you will see that what you carry will bring a new era to the nocturnals."

"How could you do this Miroura? And you knew all along...about these injections," Emmeline spat.

"For the New dawn Emmeline, in time you will understand." Miroura moved from the disheveled woman, her fingers cradling the door handle.

"You are our only hope for the new dawn," Miroura said her voice slipped out the door along with her small body.

Theodore stood in front of the staircase, his slim hands had floated into the confines of his pockets. The hazel eyes peered up at the man before him, his lips continuing to move.

"Yes, I do understand Jasper, I have heard enough," Theodore said, interrupting the man.

Jasper closed his eyes impatiently, "I do not appreciate you breaking our conversation... anyway what do you suppose we do?" Jasper's eyes hovered upon the man.

"You ask such a pathetic question, don't you understand Jasper there is no one that can help her."

Jasper looked taken aback, "...Fayear has experience in all types of nocturnals," he said, sounding uncertain.

"Jasper you have even admitted to it, she is not a nocturnal!" Theodore hissed, his eyes narrowing.

A soft ballad of music filled out around them, Theodore returning to his scenery, "Look forgive me Jasper but—" His hazel eyes watched as Miroura sauntered toward him, a grin forming on her lips. Her fair ringlets bobbed as she came up beside him, her green eyes peering up at Theodore, "Would you like to dance?" She asked, her fingers resuming their grip on his upper fore arm.

"Yes—"

Jasper moved into view, his hair disobeying him, "Where is Emmeline?"

"She is still in the bathroom, I suggest that you should not go in there." Miroura turned toward Theodore, "Let's go the musician is already half way through."

Theodore looked back at his friend, sharing a confused glance. The man were forced back into the ball room and suffocated by the mass of waltzing nocturnals.

Jasper glanced back toward the door down the hall, he should see if she is ok. He hesitated, what if Miroura was right, maybe Emmeline wanted her own company. His feet began to walk without him noticing, guiding him past the ballroom and into the silence of the hall way.

The silk glove tore from her flesh, the back of her hand glided over her stained lips, wiping away fresh bile. Her finger tips danced upon the edges of the washstand, nausea continued to ripple through her body. She bent over the once clean bowl, her eyes staring it down. How did such a wonderful night turn into such disaster? She closed her eyes as the despair trickled down her heart.

A soft knock came from the closed door, she raised her head from the basin. The deep blue eyes turned toward the handsome man entering. His features were lit by shadows, cast from the glow of the candle light.

"Jasper! I apologise," she choked, covering her face with her hand.

"No, you must not apologise," He said, stepping toward her.