Part 8

When Jack and I arrived back into school, it was just time for lunch. He invited me over to his table but if I was going to this party later then I think I’d save having to ‘socialise’ with his group for later. Also Nash was over there and to be honest, if I saw his stupid smirk right now, I wouldn’t be held responsible for my actions.

So instead, I went and found Mahogany and Jacob and spent the rest of my lunch with them.

Both lunch and the end of the school day passed too quickly. Because then I was back outside at the schools football grounds. I walked up behind a familiar looking player and tapped him on the back. Matts bright face spun around and smiled at me. “Hey!” He grinned, “You’re still coming with me tonight, right?” He looked slightly nervous. “Matt,” I chuckled, “How many times to I have to tell you? Of course I’m going with you!” “Great,” he smiled, “Wait are you not staying for the game?” “Nah,” I laughed, “I gotta go get ready for our hot date.” “Dateeeee you say?” He smiled cockily, raising his eyebrows. “Slip of the tongue babe. Gotta go Matt. Text you later.” I said quickly with a wink and he laughed. This day had gone too quickly and the next thing I knew, I was back at home, desperately flinging dresses and shoes over my shoulders in attempt to find something to wear.

When I finally decided on an outfit, I spent about three hours on hair and makeup. And not to pat myself on the back but I looked pretty good. My dress was short, tight and dark purple, I matched it with black heels with bows and a leather jacket. I threw on some statement red lipstick and I was good to go. But of course I had to pace nervously waiting for Matt, I had texted him my address earlier.

My mom came up into my room and looked me up and down. “Well sweetie, you look..,” she coughed, rubbing the back of her neck. “I know mom, like a stripper, but trust me, it’s an age thing, you don’t have to worry.” She laughed with me. The doorbell rang and I jumped to go get it. “Hey!” My mom called after me, “Don’t forget what I said.” My mom had gone through the ‘house rules’ pretty thoroughly earlier. No drugs, no drink, no sex, no teen pregnancy, no talking to anyone, no breathing.

My phone buzzed as I opened the door. “Well hello there gorgeous,” Matt said looking me up and down. I laughed and blushed. “Quick,” I said grabbing his arm, “Before my mom decides to lecture you on life.” I shut the door and we ran to his car laughing. I checked my phone and I had a new text from a number I didn’t recognise. I opened it and it said: Do me a favour? Wear something hot tonight babe x -N

I rolled my eyes, he truly was an awful person. I locked my phone and didn’t reply. The worst part was I was going to be at his house for the party. All night. Lucky me! Maybe I could avoid him? I turned to Matt, “How many people will be here tonight? Roughly?” He chuckled at the nervous expression on my face, “Well Nash has open house parties, so everyone he knows?” “Jesus Christ,” I breathed. Lets just Nash knows more people than there are grains of sand on the beach. “Relax,” Matt said, “You can stick with me.” He put his hand on my knee as we drove into Nash’s drive.

To say Nash’s house is massive is an understatement. It was absolutely huge. The party was clearly in full swing. And there was drunken people stumbling around and spilling their drinks everywhere. I gulped and stepped out of the car. Matt came up beside me and wrapped a strong arm around my waist. I had never been more grateful because I was sure his arm was the only thing keeping my knees from collapsing. We walked in through the main doors and once we got inside I knew this would be a long night.

The music was pumping in my eardrums so loudly that I couldn’t organise my thoughts. There was so many people grinding on each other everywhere. There was some couches as I walked further into the living room and there was people mounting each other and having heavy make out sessions.