One: The beginning

Queer

A word used to call something usual or out of place.

That's what they call, John. He came out a year ago. First to his family then to the school. The whole town heard about it shortly after. His family approves of it. The school, not so much. They yell and curse at him for being who he is. The once lovely and nice town turned out to be homophobic and evil. Everything changed for this small teen, and Not for the best.
___
John

"John it's time for school,wake up!,"I hear Jade yell from down stairs. I was already awake. I can't sleep. Whenever I try it's a failed mission. Either I breakdown crying or have a monstrous nightmare.

Insomnia

Not being able to sleep. It forces you to face your nightly fears and thoughts.

I sniff the air, instantly smelling Jane's famous blueberry pancakes. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen with a smile on my face. I get mocked for my teeth. I don't have braces,but people make fun of my tooth gap. It's a family thing, most of the people in my family have it so its not that easy to fix.

"Good morning John," Jane says in a calming voice. She shakes her fingers in my hair and hands me a plate of pancakes. "Good morning chap!,"Jake practically shouts in his familiar English accent.

After I was done with my delicious breakfast,I went back upstairs to get ready for the day. I go into the bathroom in my room and look into the small mirror. You could tell I hadn't slept much in days. Under my eyes were dark,my face looked like I was about to pass out,which I was. My black hair messy,my tan skin bruised.

John stop being such a wimp
Such a weakling 
You QUEER.

I felt the cold tears fall down my cheeks. It's like a river of neverending tears.

"John, are you alright?,"I hear Jade ask through the door. "yeah,Im fine!," I shout back. I hear her whimper. I know it's because she can hear me crying,It hurts my family when I do. "well,we don't have much time. Please hurry up," She says and everything goes silent. All I can hear are my quiet cries and the voices in my head. "please stop,"I sob out.  I slide down the blue wall and hold my head to my knees. "please leave me alone,".

I put on my ghost busters shirt,dark blue jeans with cuts in them and I slip on my blue jacket with a breathe symbol on it. It's from one of my favourite internet games. Well used to be. It ended awhile ago. I had a friend I talked to on there an we got really close. But when the game ended we stopped talking.

I pull on my shoes and head down the stairs. Jade attacks me in a big hug once I step off the last stair. I laugh and pull her away. "I'm okay Jade,"I reassure. She gives me a disbelieving look but leaves it. "Bye Jane,Bye dad, bye Jake. Let's go Jade,"  I say before pulling Jade out the door. I was not excited for today. But neither have I been every day for the past year.

"I heard that there will be a new kid today. I'm going to show him his classes,"Jade informs me. I kick a rock on the warm sidewalk. "great, another bully,"I said sarcastically. "John,"Jade said in a scolding tone. "I'll make sure that never happens,"Jade says,hitting her fist in her other hand. I'm not sure if that was a joke or not but I'm scared.

I walk through the heavy doors of the school,immediately feeling peoples death glares and hear they're curses. I walk through  the hallway with my head down. All of a sudden I bump into someone. No. "sorry dude,you okay?,"An unfamiliar voice asks. Why did they just apologise? I lift my head up and see a tall boy in front of me. He was pale and had freckles dotted along his nose and cheeks. I couldn't see much of them though, because of his shades he's  wearing. I just stared at him, probably looking really confused. He held out his hand. "Sup, I'm the new dude,"He said with a small smirk like smile. That explains it. I ignored it and continued my walk to my locker. He will figure it out. Then he'll be like the others.

I grab my things from my locker but it was just slammed shut,my supplies were smacked into the floor and I hear laughter fading into the hall. "Here,let me help you with that,"I jump and turn around to see the new kid picking my things off of the floor.  He hands them to me,and I walk away. With out a word or action to thank him. Just ignore him John. He'll stop trying when he finds out.

Dave

That was weird. I just helped the kid with his stuff and he didn't even look at me. "Hey, you must be the new kid!," A peppy voice nearly shouted. I turned around and saw a short girl. She had long black hair,glasses,green eyes and she was slightly tan with a gap in her teeth. "yeah, The names Dave.,"I reply. "Hi Dave,im Jade,let me show you your classes!," she says and pulls me forward.

The kid from earlier looked kinda sad.

"What's wrong Dave,"Jade asks. "oh nothing,just something that happened earlier,"I replied. "Oh. Do you mind telling me?,"She asks. "No, I helped and greeted this boy earlier and he completely ignored me. Actually,he kinda looks like you.,"After I said that her smile faded. "Jade what's wrong?,"I ask. "that's my cousin,"she says. It wasn't peppy either. Just sad.

"Queer!, "A loud shout was heard. Jade started to run towards it and I run after her. I stopped at the hallway she went down and saw her pulling someone off of the boy from earlier. She got him away and pushed him out of the way. He walked off casually like he wasn't doing anything. Jade went next to the boy and hugged him tightly. After awhile she pulls him away and put her hands on the sides of his face. She started taking. All I could make out was 

"it's okay,"
"your okay John, " 

John

What did that dude do to him anyway.

I walk over and he looked at me. I put my hand out for him to shake,but he started to walk off. Jade grabs his arm and pulls him back next to her. "This is John. John this is Dave,"Jade introduced. John didn't speak. "John,"Jade said in a warning voice. John just ignored this and walked away. Jade looked at me and asked a question I knew the answer to

"will you try to be his friend,even if he pushes you away?, "she asked.

"of course,"Was my simple answer.

___
Aaah, I got really bored and wanted to make a random fanfiction, because why not? I'm not sure how long this story will last though. Till next update!