vii

As Liam leaves Jade’s home, and out to the apartment hallway, Mrs. Wilbur pokes her head out her door once again. Liam politely smiles at her, while she makes a grimace on her face.

                “A quick one aren’t you?” Mrs. Wilbur sneers at him. Liam looks confused, “I’m sorry ma’am, quick on what?” He asks.

                “Oh, don’t act like you don’t know.” She says rudely to him. Liam holds up his hands in defense, “I’m not acting…” Liam says innocently.

                “That innocent face doesn’t fool me; I know you and Ms. Thirlwall—soon to be—Mrs. Craske, were having coitus in her room when her fiancé isn’t home.” She snaps at him. Liam raises his eyebrow in confusion, “C—coitus?” Liam asks completely oblivious to what the woman means.

                “You and Jade were having intercourse in her home for the ten minutes you were in there.” She says to him. Liam is still confused to these terms the woman is using.

                “SEX you dimwit, that’s what you were doing in there!” She says meanly to him. Liam’s eyes widen, “OH NO! Never, I—I could never do—do that! No way…” Liam says defensively as he turns a bright shade of red.

                Although Liam has matured in the past fifteen years he was gone, he still maintains the innocence he has possessed as a young child. The woman sees his embarrassment, and lets it go.

                “Hmm…alright, just know I got my eye on you Mr.….” She trails off forgetting his name. Liam speaks up, “Payne…Liam Payne.” He beams.

                “Yeah, yeah whatever, just know I’m keeping my eye on Jade and definitely on you Liam Payne.” She says as she goes back into her home.

                Liam trudges down the steps and out of the building, not knowing where to go or who to turn to.

**             **             **

                It’s been two days since Jade has talked to Liam, and since then Jade has sitting on the floor with her back against the front door, dazed and confused on to what has happened. Liam couldn’t really be here, although he was an amazing and wonderful friend, he was imaginary all along.

                “How could this be?” Jade whispers to herself. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, “I must be dreaming…yeah that’s it. I—I just need to wake up.” She continues to whisper. Jade then pinches her sides, but nothing happens.

                “Okay…so I’m not dreaming. I need a nap.” Jade says going to her bedroom to sleep for a while. But with a lot on her mind she can’t get a single ounce of sleep.

                Since Jade hasn’t talked to Sam in another two days, she picks up the phone to call him again, hoping she’ll have a decent conversation with him this time.

                “H—Hello Sam?” She says to get his attention, but there is still background talking.

                “I—I’ll talk to you later!” He says quickly, but Jade speaks up quickly, “No Sam I want to talk to you.” Jade says to him

                “We talked to days ago though…” Sam trails off. Jade sighs, “Barely, Sam, all you say is hi babe, having fun bye! We haven’t had a decent conversation in weeks now!” Jade complains.