Birthday Present [jeonghan+sowon]

"Ah, I'm ruined." Sojung muttered. She took out the burnt cake and cough. Sighing, she threw the cake to the trash and started to make a new one, for the third time. "Okay, please don't come out burnt this time. Please."

Sojung was trying to make cakes for Jeonghan, who will hold a party for his birthday. And as his best friend, she decided to give him something special, which even deciding what to give is not easy. She wanted to buy him some good clothes, but they were too expensive. She has tried to make mugs, and it didn't really turns out good. That when the thought of making cakes hit her. She thought, maybe it wont be that hard...?

And well, there she was, in-between the messy kitchen at 5 in the morning, still trying to make the cake again. The party started at 10, so she has got time but not much. And after all, she still have to clean herself, put on some dress and make up which will surely takes time. In addition, the cake kept on getting burnt.

The party is being held on Jeonghan's house, which is exactly next to hers'. Jeonghan can came to her house any moment because he has got the spare key, and that will actually be embarrassing to Sojung because she just didn't want him to see her covered in flour.

Time passed by fast, she didn't realize it was already 8 and the cake just kept on getting out of the oven failed, either uncooked or burnt. Okay, maybe baking just wasn't her thing. But she didn't have much time until the party to make another thing, and Jeonghan would probably came to her house right now because he had told her so yesterday.

Speaking of the devil, someone has opened the door to her house. Sojung widen her eyes and tried put everything away from the kitchen table, also washed her hand in rush.

"Kim Sojung, are you ready— wait what happened here, why is it so messy?" Jeonghan peeked to the kitchen and has found the trace of flour everywhere. He glanced to Sojung and saw her messy-tied hair and some food coloring on the apron she was wearing.

"Seriously, why are you covered with flour and cream?" He walked towards her and wiped some flour off her face. Sojung sighed and grabbed his hand, holding them weakly.

"I might or not have made some, uh, cakes?" she hung her head, not being able to look into his eyes. "This was supposed to be a gift for you."

His heart skipped a beat at her words, "You didn't have to give me something like this, even not giving me anything would be fine!" He tried to cheer her up. Sojung lifted her head and stared directly into his eyes.

"I mean, I wanted to give you a really special present because, you're special to me."

Both of their hearts started to beat fast. Jeonghan smiled widely, "You're also special to me, and your existence are the most special present I've ever received."

"You know, staying by my side would be a really special gift," Jeonghan pulled her by the apron, leaned in to clean the remaining flour on her cheek. Sojung could only smiled at his behavior. "Thank you, I appreciate your effort trying to cheer me up."

Jeonghan laughed and let go of the apron. "Go change your clothes, I'll help you clean this before I also change into my shirt."

"No, lets clean this together." Said Sojung as Jeonghan rolled his sleeve. He smiled and glanced at the clock hanging by the wall. "Good thing we still got two hours to the party."

Sojung took out a small box from her apron pocket and hand it to Jeonghan as a small birthday present she has prepared.

"Happy birthday by the way. Wish you all the best, although you already are the best."

[171004]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGEL LINEE I LOVE YOU HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT LIFE WOW

Go to next chapter for Yuna's special birthday chapter!