Chapter 13

His POV

Scar # 4: My best friend's betrayal.
         # 5: My Grandma's death.
         # 6: My brother's cancer.
         # 7: My brother's death.

Her POV

My tears soon stopped flowing and I turned to face him.

I saw his own tears lining his face and it breaks my heart knowing that I was the reason for his pain.

"Hayley, please give me a chance. I promise I won't break your trust. I will be there Hayley. I'll help you learn to trust me. Because for me your the most important person in my life." He said and in that moment my heart melted and I just felt complete right then and there, in his arms.

I hugged him back, and that was enough to make him smile.

~~~~~

"Hey Hayley? You wanna go for ice cream?" Vernon said as he intertwined our fingers together.

Ren said he went home early since he had a free last period.

"Yeah sure." I said with a smile.

"Let's go then, I know this really nice place that sells the best ice cream ever." He said.

We walked hand in hand and finally reached the shop in about 10 minutes.

"What do you want, Hayl?" He asked.
"I'll have a chocolate chip." I said.

"Make that two." He handed the cashier 20 bucks and we looked for a table.

"Okay, I guess we haven't formally introduced ourselves yet so I'll start. Hi, I'm Vernon Darelle Grey." He said with a cheeky grin.

"Well nice to meet you then, I'm Hayley Alexander Kang. I have Korean ancestors but I'm not that koreanish." I said.

We laughed at our stupidity and smiled.

"I love your laugh. It makes my day." He said out of the blue making me feel flustered.

"I-uhhhh- I-" I stared but was cut off when he laughed and ruffled my hair.

The waitress came and gave us our orders. And we just ate.

We laughed as we escaped all the weight the world was putting on our shoulders.